Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CW45 trigger

Default CW45 trigger

maybe I bought the wrong gun for ccw? it looked good on paper.
    I can't get with the Kahr trigger, might as well have a hotdog between my finger and the trigger, hmmm, maybe a marshmellow. I always thought a "surprise break" was when you were holding the sights on target and increased pressure on the trigger caused the gun to fire. (not really a big surprise with a 1911 or S&W revolver with the hammer cocked.) on the CW45 it's a jello-surprise.
    (yes I've tried giving the trigger a firm constant pull to the rear, yes, I've tried "staging the trigger"). next thing I'm going to try is a different gun. thanks, good luck.

well evidently u have not fired a double action wheel gun much in ur life. First psot here, , why did u even come here even? Not the guns fault, u can't master it. Sure doesnt seem like u gave it much chance either. Good luck with what ever u find,U should have shot a kahr before buying a kahr. saves alot of time and money.

Always gets me when people compre a true double action semi to a 1911 or a fokking cocked wheel gun. WTf...armed liberal signature line finds u well.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I remember 5 decades ago not knowing about the different styles of trigger pulls/operation but I could tell that they are not all the same but with practice anyone can get used to them. I would not buy a gun without either researching it or at least asking the gun store person to explain it, but before I bought it I would have to at least dry fire it & if not no sale.

I'm getting used to it. with a CT laser it's an acceptable bellygun for rapid deployment. I just wish the Kahr line had more of a following so some companies would produce tuneup parts like you can buy for a Glock or an M&P. if there was a $25.95 trigger bar and spring kit for a cw45, I'd buy it. I don't like the on/off switch on a 1911 and a S&W 686 is to heavy for all day carry, so that's why I got the cw45.

u can put a 5# drip in striker sprng in ur cw456 right now. jut buy iut from wollfs gnsprings. maes a nice mod with no effort, trigger pullis the same distance 3/8" but poundage drips nicely. Works great, never readof one complaint from any owner either. I hve hadone in my pMJ9 for over 32K rounds, never a light strike either. buy it direct from wolffs, their 5# striker spring they ffer fits every kahr but the 380, so it won't say for kahr 45's either.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

The Kahr trigger takes some getting used to, and it's purpose is pretty specific. I loved the feel of it at first, but hated it 'cause I couldn't hit crap. Then after taking a point shooting class it was like a veil was lifted, and this type of trigger finally makes sense. Now I really like it.

Long DAO is not meant for bullseye shooting, it's meant for self defense close-range shooting.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

I know you said you tried the "firm constant pull" but don't give up on doing just that. With practice it works well. I practiced without the pistol first, doing a smooth, constant pull that took 1 second. Over time I decreased the time to 1/2 or 1/3 second, but maintained the discipline to force my finger to take the allotted time and keep the rest of my hands motionless.

So when shooting, all I think about are front sight on target and smooth, constant speed trigger press taking however long I chose beforehand to practice. It works well. 3" groups at 7 yds centered on the bulls eye are normal now. The range officers think I'm fast firing, but it doesn't seem that way to me since it is so well controlled.

The kahr trigger is unique and takes some practice but it really is perfect for the intended use of the gun. If I want to rapid fire pound steel at 20 yards, I'll pull one of the CZ shadows. But I can't carry a shadow in my pocket or IWB without having my pants fall down.

However, if you don't like the kahr, I fully understand it. Maybe look at a springfield xds next.
    Last edited by twowheels; 02-25-2014 at 12:08 PM.

ArmedLib, I went to the range this morning and shot these using the constant, smooth press technique I suggested in a previous post in this thread. Time between shots was about 1 second each. At 7 yds all 14 shots were within a 2" x 3.5" box. The 15 yd target was shot at the tail end of the 170 round session, so my strong hand was fatigued. Even so, at 15 yds the BG was hit center of mass 16 out of 16 times. Don't give up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bob98366 View Post
    ...Even so, at 15 yds the BG was hit center of mass 16 out of 16 times. Don't give up.
    That's what it's about, combat accuracy. If you can get all your hits on paper that size, you can put lead on meat. SD shooting isn't about multiple rounds through one hole in a precise location. Better to make three wound channels in three different vital organs than one.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75