Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P380 Not Cycling Rounds Reliably

If you shoot that steel case crap, you deserve problems,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no respect for your firearm.

I am new to the forum as of today and have a P380 and a CW9. Both have 400+ rounds through them. The CW9 has been very reliable. I had a few cambering issues initially, but now all seems good. Different story with my P380, which is my primary carry gun. I took it out last week and had 3 failed to fire on "initially chambered rounds". Plus had 3 fail to chamber a new round - the slide stayed open like the magazine was empty, This was during a 100 round shooting session. On previous occasions I have had some stove piping.

Love the gun and want to rely on it. It is very accurate and I have invested in 3 different holsters.. After no response from Kahr to my online RA request, and the fact that they NEVER once answered their phone on 7 attempts at calling tech support for an RA number, I finally got an email response to my frustrating email to them. It will be heading back to the factory tomorrow, at their cost. I truly hope it comes back fixed. It is the perfect CCW gun.

Customer service has been an issue. I really had to state my point in an email to get a response. My G23 that I have had 23 years has never failed. My Ruger revolver I have had for 22 years lost a pin, and they sent me a new one at no cost. I have a Remington 700 I had to send back and Remington sent me a box and paid all shipping cost. Kahr would not answer their phone

I love the fact that Kahr is American made. I truly hope the stand behind their product and it comes back reliable I paid a lot for my P380, and I should expect it to go bang, like all my other guns do.

When the gun locks open prematurely it's generally for one of two reasons. You either didn't reassemble the pistol correctly and have the slide stop spring under the the slide stop instead of over it, or you are applying upward pressure to the slide stop with your thumb and need to adjust your grip. It could also be that the slide stop spring screw needs to be adjusted.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I have had the gun un assembled many times, but I guess what you indicate could be the case. I do not think it impacts fail to fire on initially chambered rounds.

In any case, the gun is in route to Kahr as we speak. I hope I get it back soon. Faster then they return calls.

Will let all know status

Default Any news?

So have you heard anything from Kahr? Also FYI it's not just Kahrs that won't run steel. I tried some in my LCP that has fired everything since 2008 and it will NOT handle steel. My friend has a S&W 380 and it chokes on steel ammo too, so my advice is don't bother with it.

Kahr has acknowledged they have received my gun and indicated in will likely be 4 weeks before it is returned. I have send them many emails since asking them what I am to do for CCW carry while my gun is with them for a month. They have since responded to ZERO of my emails. I appreciate that they are looking at and I hope fixing my P380, but a response would be nice. I had to ask for them to pay for shipping, and then when I shipped through an FFL (as they stated online and in an email to me),they questioned it. It cost me $25 to ship through an FFL, and I guess now I did not have to. I have asked them about that, asking them to cover cost or send me magazines or something to make it right. I have had NO Response. Customer service would be nice. it all comes down to communication. I sure hope my gun is returned in 2 weeks and it is all fixed. Ruger and Remington have such good and responsive customer service. Seems Kahr, anther American brand, would do the same. Time will tell...

A month is not too long to repair a gun from what I have read about other gun makers but in the mean time you have the best reason to go purchase a different gun that you would like. Everybody needs a j frame.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrink View Post
    Kahr has acknowledged they have received my gun and indicated in will likely be 4 weeks before it is returned. I have send them many emails since asking them what I am to do for CCW carry while my gun is with them for a month. They have since responded to ZERO of my emails. I appreciate that they are looking at and I hope fixing my P380, but a response would be nice. I had to ask for them to pay for shipping, and then when I shipped through an FFL (as they stated online and in an email to me),they questioned it. It cost me $25 to ship through an FFL, and I guess now I did not have to. I have asked them about that, asking them to cover cost or send me magazines or something to make it right. I have had NO Response. Customer service would be nice. it all comes down to communication. I sure hope my gun is returned in 2 weeks and it is all fixed. Ruger and Remington have such good and responsive customer service. Seems Kahr, anther American brand, would do the same. Time will tell...
    I think that they should have sent you 2 new guns..............................

I would be happy with a reply from Kahr. I just hope it comes back with issues solved. Carried my CW9 today. it has been reliable.

I sent a gun back to Remington and had it back in 10 days.

Good news, Kahr got back to me today. They found a few issues and replaced some components. They were supposed to text fire today and give me an update.

Great they stand behind their product. I bought the P380 because it is the best pocket 380 available and still feel that way.

Will post report after receiving it and trying it out.