Mitch Rosen   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you have a P or CW 380...

ActionExpress, I would recommend you take some pictures and forward those in an email to Kahr Support. service@kahr.com. If this is a quality issue Kahr needs to know about it. I wouldn't carry a pistol I wasn't 100% confident with. I had a good experience sending my 380 back for an extractor problem.

I looked at my CW380 a couple days ago and I have the same notch on my slide. I emailed pictures to Kahr and am waiting on a response.

Sounds like this is common with the new CW380. I have only shot a couple mags through mine, but I have not had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemc53 View Post
    My CW380 had a similar burr and I just cleaned it up on initial pre-shoot take down. I'm guessing the machining process maybe needs a little quicker tool change-out or perhaps a slight profile mod on the tool itself to more cleanly remove that rollover.

Cleaned up easily and have had no issues with it.
    Ditto. After reading this thread I checked my almost new CW380 (100 Rnds through it so far) and found a very small burr in the same area. I removed the burr and polished the immediate area. I'll keep an eye on it but it doesn't look like it will be a problem in the future. If Kahr QC is reading this post this is something you should look into.

I didnt notice it till after reading this post but after 250 rounds my cw 380 has this burr as well.

The burr in the linked pic seems to be left from the machining of the slide rail slot, nothing to be concerned about in my view.
    Sorry if someone already mentioned this as I have not read thru the 2 pages above my post.
    And although the burr has been identified by me and possibly others, you can expect a couple more pages of scenters posting/parroting similar info
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Default If you have a P or CW 380...

Forgot about this thread. I took my CW380 that I purchased in December apart and did not notice any burr
    MY KAHR's

K9
    CW9
    CT9
    CW380
    CT45

Just purchased a used cw380 last week. Has maybe 200 rnds through it. no FTF/FTE. and it had the burr you speak of. I knocked it out and filed it smooth. Wonder what Kahrs response to this will be. On a side note my pm9 did not have it. I think its due to the machining process and that the area its burring is so thin it cant help but wear out.