Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sig Sauer P238

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    I need to go back and take a much closer look at this little P238 as I don't get a chance to do a real close look at them when they come in. If the racking is nice and easy it just might become the wife's, as her little Beretta has become a bit tough for her. My "guess" is it will be put out for about $500 or so.

The other problem I have is that it came in with a nice, clean Mossberg 500 in .410. Something about those pump .410s get to me! Not sure I can swing both without the wife knowing about both and I'm pretty sure she won't even agree to one of them! I do know I'll be getting one of them but really need to check them both out much closer. I've got 30 days to decide before they'll be put out and I can put my name on one or both before that time.
    I always thought, that the Sig P250 was a pretty easy rack............

Just make sure the serial number starts with 27A or later and you are good to go. There were some issues with the earlier models.

This is a true pocket pistol. Very mild recoil shoots and aims well and very easy to rack. If you like the manual safety ala 1911 then it is a no brainer. For me as much as I like the gun I don't like manual safeties on carry pistols.

However, with that being said I still carry it in my pocket from time to time. But I also carry my PPK in my pocket which is my most accurate gun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JGIORD View Post
    Just make sure the serial number starts with 27A or later and you are good to go. There were some issues with the earlier models.

This is a true pocket pistol. Very mild recoil shoots and aims well and very easy to rack. If you like the manual safety ala 1911 then it is a no brainer. For me as much as I like the gun I don't like manual safeties on carry pistols.

However, with that being said I still carry it in my pocket from time to time. But I also carry my PPK in my pocket which is my most accurate gun for me.
    Got a much closer look at it today, but didn't know about the serial # and problems with the older ones. Will have to check the serial # tomorrow and see what it is.

Condition is better than I thought, as in NEW. Can't even tell if it has been shot. Bluing is 100%, wood grips pristine. Three mags, two 6's and one 7, with no wear visible at all. It also has the Sig night sights. Price is just under $550 to boot.

Jumped over to the Sig forum last night and finally found the post I was looking for, "What ammo do you recommend for my P238?". About fifteen posts all stated the same, doesn't matter what you throw in it this little gun will spit it out with zero problems.

I really like the similarities to the 1911 and have no problem with the external safety and SAO. I have my name on it and really looking forward to bringing it home after the 30 day waiting period.

The earlier before 27A was a problem with the safety. There are 2 slide sizes/ 3 different mags/ 2 extractors/ 2 recoil springs. My thinner slide 2nd gen mag 1st gen extractor one worked fine after the 2nd gen recoil spring was installed. My Equinox made in July 2011 has all the upgrades & feeds anything even range reloads. The earlier ones had a feedramp hitting the mag that put a small ding in the bottom of the feedramp. The newer ones do not ding the feedramp. Sig really made the gun right after early problems.

Checked the serial # today and it does indeed begin with 27A! Looks like either the missus or myself will be getting a purty little pocket pistol very soon.

There are variances in the 28A's. The box will have the date on it.

Brought home the P238 today and took a couple of pics to show off. Unfortunately my good camera was left in CO last year during hunting and I bought a very cheap camera until I can get the good one back. The pics are terrible and I'd be too embarrassed to post them up.

Also bought a box of range ammo to put it through its paces with the three mags. I've got more .380's to push through it but wanted some fresh stuff just to do a functional test and to make sure there are NO .380 rounds when I give it to the wife.

Safety first, right?

It really is a purty little thing and I hope the wife really likes it! Otherwise it will become my BUG on the ankle.

The Sig P238 IMO is one of the best pocket carry .380's on the market. The Sig night sights are second to none. No one should fear condition one cocked and locked with this guns very positive safety. Colt liked it so much when they reintroduced their Mustang 380, they copied the Sig safety...can't tell the safety's apart. HMMMMM?

Number is doing the same with a higher price.