Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Xssights

Thread: E9 customizing and spring questions

Default E9 customizing and spring questions

I'm guessing the E9 falls under the K9 category but I figured I would try the post here.

I have an E9 with the black carbon steel frame and SS slide in excellent condition. Since the slide is so blocky with metal to spare and the parts are all supposed to be interchangeable with the K9 I was thinking this would make a great custom piece that was inexpensive to start with. Does anyone know some one who does custom work on Kahrs other than C&S? Resonable pricing is always good too.

Also, for what the E9 is (all steel 9mm) it hits pretty hard, not uncontrolable but cosiderably harder than my other 9mm compact that is lighter. Does anyone recommend using the 22# recoil spring over the factory 20# spring? The design looks like a shok-buf would be simple to fit but I don't think anyone makes them for Kahrs. Unfortunately, I've had several wrist and thumb surgeries on my strong hand so recoil probably feels worse to me than some.

accurate-Iron.com. Mike cwyrus is super. He did my PM9 for me, melted the slide and refinished it in a titanium finsih that he guarantees for life. Mine is worn in pocket every day and shows zero signs of wear. He also 360 degree stippled my PM9 frame and radisu contoured the slide lock lever to be about 1/3 it size smaller. Looks super, he can do action work also to smooth your kahr up, but really most kars smooth out almost as good as any smitty's work to. He is super, he is very very reasonable and he won't take 6 months to do the work like C & S does.

He is also one hell of a guru on Glocks. he did a tune up on my G19 that is totally awesome. He is also a LEO and does all his own work... He also installed a set of xs big dot nite sights.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    accurate-Iron.com. Mike cwyrus is super. He did my PM9 for me, melted the slide and refinished it in a titanium finsih that he guarantees for life. Mine is worn in pocket every day and shows zero signs of wear. He also 360 degree stippled my PM9 frame and radisu contoured the slide lock lever to be about 1/3 it size smaller. Looks super, he can do action work also to smooth your kahr up, but really most kars smooth out almost as good as any smitty's work to. He is super, he is very very reasonable and he won't take 6 months to do the work like C & S does.

He is also one hell of a guru on Glocks. he did a tune up on my G19 that is totally awesome. He is also a LEO and does all his own work... He also installed a set of xs big dot nite sights.
    Thanks for the info, do you have any pics of the Kahr?

if you go to the elsiepea forum under POCKET PISTOLS AND REVOLVERS and go to page 2, u will find Jocko's custom kahr jPM9. photos are there. I for some reason cannot transfer them over to this forum andif any one can transfer them they have my permission to do so. It would fit in this fourm better than any place else

Nice PM9, I may be contacting him when I have some spare cash.