Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida Gun Store, Sarasota

Default Florida Gun Store, Sarasota

New here and hope this is allowed. Just bought a Kahr P380 from Shark Coast Tactical in Sarasota. New store. Not only did they hunt down a P380-Black, for me but then gave me a killer price. They are on Face Book and have a web page. I guess the headline here is that they are more than willing to take a special order and work for your business. Rare in a Local Gun Store.

Congratulations on the new gun.

And I don't think anyone has an issue with "naming" a GS that is customer friendly.
    We're here to help each other, and in my opinion a lead on a good GS falls in that category!

I don't live in FL but those who do would probably thank you.

I shopped this gun for a long while. Couldn't find a store that would even take my phone number. Unwilling to even "keep an eye out". Saw the silver stainless a couple times but no Black. Then I met this guy at a gun show and he didn't even blink. "Sure, I'll find you one." it took a while but he came through. He also gave me a good price on a Colt 6920. I had never been around an AR before but they answered the questions and helped me fill in the gaps without talking down to me. I can not say enough about them.

Great Bill,
    My PM9 is all black with night sights.
    Not all my guns are black, but that is what I prefer. Why show the bad guy what is coming.
    I do appreciate a beautiful gun, but then again I'm more into function!

AIRret,
    I usually favor stainless but for concealed, pocket actually, carry I went with your 'keep em in the dark' philosophy. I like the smaller Kahrs in Black for some reason over the two-tone silver over black polymer anyway but I have an older Beretta 92fs in stainless with wood grips that is the prettiest gun I have ever seen.

Welcome Bill and good gun shop tips are always welcome, good for them, and good for us.

As to the black versus stainless versus Jeepster (hate to single out the green folks) I'm all about looking cool. I generally prefer stainless, easier to deal with if I do a mod, easier to fix if I scratch it.
    Some guns do however look better in basic black. And of course unlike a shirt matching your britches or a tie (heaven forbid) matching a shirt, gun coordination with ones wardrobe is vitally important.

I don't much care if I surprise the bad guy or not, I rather relish the idea that they might see it coming and have an a ha moment prior to their trip to the other side.
    I have one officer that insisted on black magazines rather than better stainless ones, he's all about the sneaky, sneaky.

Stick with what looks cool and cool is for sure in the eyes of the beholder, what's cool to me might suck to you and/or vice versa so you can't go wrong.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm just not into the two tone look. All black, all stainless, or all green is OK with me. And some guns look better in a certain color as you've noted. Glad you joined us Bill.
    ​O|||||||O

Not quite a year ago, I bought a Ruger MK3 22/45 Lite from them at a local gun show... marked $450, but got it for $400 CASH OTD including call and tax. That was an outstanding deal at the time. Shooters wanted $499.99 ++. Cash really can get you a good deal sometimes.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Default Re: Florida Gun Store, Sarasota

Very glad you found a great store, no such luck near me. :-(

My PM9 is two-tone and I like it just fine but my PM40 is my preferred all black with night-sights.

Since the perp is only going to see the gun for a fraction of second before the flash I can't see where the finish of the gun is that much of a concern to the outcome of the encounter. I see this more as a personal preference of the gun owner. Me I'm not fussy. I just want the gun to go bang.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380