Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CM9 Silent Thunder Holster, quick pic review

Default CM9 Silent Thunder Holster, quick pic review

Just got my Silent Thunder Slim. I like it a lot. The only thing is the belt clip allowed it to sit rather low to the belt and I couldn't get a good grip to draw cleanly. I lowered the clip, raising the holster slightly, and it was perfect. So cut the extra bit hanging down below the holster and really happy now. Can't figure how to post pics via tapatalk

Default CM9 Silent Thunder Holster, quick pic review

And it is truly a silent draw and rather comfy.

I have a couple of ST holsters and they are very well made. Check out the Silent Thunder Solo. I got one for my Shield a few months back and I see no reason to ever buy another holster.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I just had my clip break, they sent it with the old and new style clip and I preferred the old style for ease on and off but I think they were moving away from it because they break easily.

I never flex my clip because I thread the belt through it when putting the holster on with the holster empty for safety of not dropping a loaded gun accidently. When I wear suspenders I can carry my gun as either INWB or OSWB simply by adding a loose belt (not through the loops) with the holster on it and then I can carry the gun at any position that is comfortable which is usually just behind my hip. It hides very well there and feels very good.

I've had a Cook's tuckable for my CM9 for about 9 months. I love it and wear it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    I like the appendex II but would rather have a under hook belt clip. Less to show and less chance to work harden it. Might talk to them , like I need another darn holster.
    With a J-hook or under the belt hook the weight of the gun rests on the waist band of your pants. With a covering garment no one sees the over the belt loop.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I have a Silent Thunder, not a Silent Thunder slim, or slim 2 for my pm9, and find that I have to lower the clip to have the gun ride at the height that allows for a full grip. The standard clip has a raised area at the bottom end that fits over the belt for retention. This raised end sticks out and is very noticeable, defeating the holsters concealability. I am looking at other belt clips, but not sure of which to get, the "new", or? I want the one from the ST2, as it is a 2 hole clip and will work best in the lowered position. Any thoughts, pics, or available spares??

update, i just received two new belt clips from Garrett! Super fast and reasonable shipping. The nylon one for the Silent Thunder 2 fits my Silent Thunder exactly as I wanted it to.
    Love the Silent Thunder for my PM9