Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Xssights

Thread: P45 trigger break problem

Unhappy P45 trigger break problem

I just got a new in the box P45. I've only dry fired it and haven't taken it to the range yet because of the trigger--I pull the trigger all the way to the back of its travel and the trigger won't break unless I force it back at the end of its range. I know the Kahr DAO is a long trigger pull... I have other Kahrs. But this is beyond a long trigger pull, way too much force needed at the back end of the trigger travel to get the trigger to break. Before I take the time and expense to send it to Kahr, does anyone know of an easy fix for this? With the slide off I can't see anything different than any of my other Kahr pistols. Even went to the gun store to compare the trigger on a different P45. Something's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Seathrun View Post
    Something's not right.
    You're right. It's no consolation, but you're not the only one to have this problem. This is an issue we've seen a number of times in recent weeks.

Those who walked this path before you sent their guns back to Kahr. I didn't spend much time searching, but here's one similar to yours.
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=21908&
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

Default Thanks

OK, thanks for the input, and thanks for the link to the related thread. I couldn't get the search to work right for me. I've got a return request submitted. Kind of a bummer, this is the second Kahr P series in a row that I've had to return to Kahr. I hear from so many folks how they work perfect right out of the box, guess I'm just not that lucky.

Kahr will make it right, but it may require a bit of patience. Be polite, articulate your problem clearly, and you'll get satisfactory results. Good communication is key.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper