Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CM9 night sights

Default CM9 night sights

Looking for night sights for my CM9.
    I want to be able to install them myself.
    What are the best ones to buy and where?

Looks like Dawsons Precision is the only place

Well I did see trij's on the Kahr website for $80. Seems like a pretty good deal. I don't know if they are a lower quality build for Kahr or not.

Really? No one else has any input on night sights? Is there another thread discussing this?

If others are like me, IMHO, night sights are pretty much a waste of money. You own a small firearm, used for defensive purposes only............learn to point and shoot. At night, you won't have time to train your sights on anything, and after the first shot, muzzle flash will temporarily screw up your vision anyway. Save your $$$$ for practice ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    If others are like me, IMHO, night sights are pretty much a waste of money. You own a small firearm, used for defensive purposes only............learn to point and shoot. At night, you won't have time to train your sights on anything, and after the first shot, muzzle flash will temporarily screw up your vision anyway. Save your $$$$ for practice ammo.
    You are 100% on the mark. Point and shoot is how the gunfight will go down. There wont be time to acquire your sights anyway.

Just ordered a set of the Trijicon night sites from Kahr. I'm going to get my slide Cerakoted so I figured I'd replace the stock sights after they finish the slide.

I ordered the meprolight front sight from Kahr for 38.75 shipped. I figure it's under $40 and now I have a steel night sight that has the same profile as the original plastic sight.

I never thought about muzzle flash before.

Quote Originally Posted by firememc View Post
    I ordered the meprolight front sight from Kahr for 38.75 shipped. I figure it's under $40 and now I have a steel night sight that has the same profile as the original plastic sight.

Can you post a link to the sight you ordered?
    I ask because I wasn't aware that Meprolight made a front sight for the CM9 (as that model was what you asked about in your OP).
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by firememc View Post

Is that Mepro front you ordered for CW/CM slides??? The only Mepro N.S. I see is for a dovetail cut slide.

Correct Trijicon front for CW/CM "pin-on" style is here.
    http://www.kahr.com/Sights/Kahr-CWCM...itKWTFNSKT.asp

Trijicon, Dawson, and XS big dot, are the only NS I know of available for CW/CM Kahrs

EDIT: Ha ha Greg, I am too slow a typist... maybe Jocko can give me some pointers