Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CM9 night sights

https://www.kahr.com/Sights/Kahr-New...ight-Front.asp

Here is the one I ordered. Sounds like it won't work?

I ordered a set of thr trijicon night sights for my cw9 and installed them my self. The rear sight is really tight and it took some effort with my sight pusher. The front sight was easy as pie. The sights are incredibly bright and I personally like the three dot sight myself.
    The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Quote Originally Posted by firememc View Post
    https://www.kahr.com/Sights/Kahr-New...ight-Front.asp

Here is the one I ordered. Sounds like it won't work?
    That sight won't work on the CM/CW line guns. They don't have a dovetailed front sight.

The trijicon sight on kahrs site says its marked 09 wich im assuming is the manufacture year i think tritium has a life of like 10 years so that would put that sight halfway through its life not worth the money IMO dawsons im sure uses new tritium

Only thing good about the trijicon sight it uses a screw to secure it where the dawson is stake on

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    If others are like me, IMHO, night sights are pretty much a waste of money. You own a small firearm, used for defensive purposes only............learn to point and shoot. At night, you won't have time to train your sights on anything, and after the first shot, muzzle flash will temporarily screw up your vision anyway. Save your $$$$ for practice ammo.
    I agree for a defensive weapon night sights aren't needed but I disagree with your assertion that muzzle flash will screw up your vision. I have shot night qualifications for 30 years. The muzzle flash in front of the weapon is insignificant. I have never experienced any issues with a lapse in my vision. It may be different in total darkness vs low light.

Quote Originally Posted by drewski115 View Post
    I agree for a defensive weapon night sights aren't needed but I disagree with your assertion that muzzle flash will screw up your vision. I have shot night qualifications for 30 years. The muzzle flash in front of the weapon is insignificant. I have never experienced any issues with a lapse in my vision. It may be different in total darkness vs low light.
    What he said.

I've been doing night quals for the last 38 years. You want to talk about muzzle flash? Try a .357mag revolver in full dark....that's muzzle flash! Even with the flames coming out of the sides of the cylinder and the end of the barrel, you can still stay pretty much on target.

I've found the night sights on our current issue Glock 22 to work very well in night quals. Much easier (for me anyway) to reacquire the sights quickly.

The other thing to remember....if you do need to actually fire your pistol in a self defense situation in low or no light, think about the muzzle flash that your target is going to see and what it's going to do to their night vision!

I usually don't unless comes from factory, but if I was going to put them on, I'd just do the front dot. Put that on your target and pull.. and keep both eyes open.

My Trijicon sights from Kahr just came in yesterday. Quick delivery, I had them 4 days after I ordered online.

Front sight is 2014 production and the rear sight is 2013. I'm going to have the slide Cerakoted (black) then have them install the new sights when it's done.

For night shooting I use my Crimson Trace...