Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: learning from History? Connecticut gun owners are under the Gun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Connecticut is perfectly positioned to be a national guinea pig for the gun control movement. We're small enough in size to not require vast resources to cover the state. We're surrounded by other liberal states that would be more than willing to help us control the flow of weapons in or out of the state. And just as one individual can become an example to help others decide to stay in line ... so one state can become an example to help other states to decide to stay in line. I mean absolutely no offense to any LEO's who might read this, but I am not expecting the LE community to save our skins by refusing to follow unlawful orders. They come out of the Connecticut culture which is heavily left-leaning and believes strongly that government knows best. I am not looking forward to seeing how this is going to eventually play out.

Nicely written, Ray.

I'm not expecting Connecticut to launch an aggressive campaign to locate the owners of "assault weapons and high-capacity magazines". However, I do expect they will make an example of anyone who comes into the lives of law enforcement for other reasons and it is discovered they are in violation of this law.

As stated in my post above, locating the owners would be arduous and expensive. I don't think that will be Connecticut's first approach. Don't be the first one caught in non-compliance.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

If you are the first one caught in non-compliance, you have the opportunity to turn things the other way. I'll just leave it at that.

The Massachusetts colonists were in the same boat.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

The time to Shut Up or Put UP.....is fast approaching. Part of me is looking forward to that day and the other part is the actual act in America of HAVING to stand up for our rights because OF OUR Government.
    cm9 and lovin it.

For those that live in CT, NY other repressive states, there are kits that let you drill a few holes and "create" your own AR lower, which has no serial number, since it's just a hunk of metal, until you do the finish work. You can then use this with standard AR parts to build your own AR15, with no serial number, and not registered to anyone. http://www.cncguns.com/tooling.html has kits to produce 1911, Beretta 92FS, and SIG 238 Frames, and also AK47 and 10/22 Kits, and a few other items.
    I don't know how long this will be allowed to continue, so it might be wise to act quickly if you want one. Mags have to be acquired separately, Or maybe printed with a 3D printer.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_570/2...l_Bit_Set.html
    is another place that offers the lower kit. Plus the jigs to use to drill the holes and things.
    You can Google AR Lower Kits, Build your own AR, or terms like that and find several companies that offer these. Supposedly all you have to do is drill some holes, and add the rest of the hardware and you have a fully functional AR, unregistered and with no serial number.
    They say BATFE allows you to build your own rifle, as long as it's for personal use, and it can't legally be sold or otherwise leave your possession.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

How would anyone know if your sold a gun with no serial number except for the purchaser?
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I have no idea Muggsy, but that is what the law says. Just another law that doesn't make sense when you examine it.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.