Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Register my Kahr's?

Default Register my Kahr's?

Should I register my two Kahr's with the company, and can I do it online? I haven't had to call or contact them for anything, but do they need registered anyway?

Personally I never have, don't know of anybody that ever did. I honestly don't know how important it really is.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

"R-e-g-I-s-t-e-r"?

I thought the profanity filter here would censor bad words like that one?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Sorry about the word register - didn't mean it in that way. What I was concerned about was if I had a problem with the gun after a year of owning it, would Kahr know that I had purchased the gun new and honor the warranty? I have went online and registered a few Smith & Wessons that I have owned. I thought I was only letting them know I just bought one of their guns, serial number and such, in case I needed to get it fixed. Thanks for the replies.

I intentionally do not submit warranty cards because it documents the start of the warranty period. I don't want this to be used against me if the product craps-out a day/week after the end of the warranty period.

Service has never been refused because I had not submitted a warranty card, although I must admit I usually fix things myself and have rarely sought service for any product I've purchased.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

If you have the purchase receipt that will always be sufficient to establish the start of the warranty period. Registering is more of a marketing effort by most companies (what's your age, do you sew, how many kids at home, etc.). Since most cash register receipt ink fades over time, recommend scanning it to have a digital copy.

I believe I did fill out some warranty information, online at Kahr.com. I was a bit hesitant to do it, because that's just another place where Agencies could go to determine who bought what. But decided they already have the info available from the "Instant" background check.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I registered my guns with Kahr. I'm not a wuss like some of these guys. Old Muggsy ain't afraid of nuthin.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I registered all 3 of mine. I figure when there's an issue then they can look up the warranty quickly and get it fixed which happened with my CW .45. It was back to me in less then a week.

Quote Originally Posted by HAP1978 View Post
    I registered all 3 of mine. I figure when there's an issue then they can look up the warranty quickly and get it fixed which happened with my CW .45. It was back to me in less then a week.
    Were going to have to change your name to Braveheart, HAP.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380