Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Modified Stock CM9 Sight - Cheap and Easy

Default Modified Stock CM9 Sight - Cheap and Easy

I am not a fan of the stock sight, the big white strip on the back, wide

front sight. I would have a nice group at 7 yards, but all low at the 6
    O'clock consistently (even on a bench rest).

Front sight - Shaved down in height and width to get the aim point up. I did not like how wide the sight was either. First time on range, bulls eye.

Back sight - I covered the stock white stripe with Sharpie, used epoxy to fill in the flying wing groves. Then used black sharpie and white paint pen to make new marks.

It's a work in progress. I am going to keep adjusting. Once I am happy, then I'll sand it all down and use flat black paint. I will make a stencil to make white dots on back sight and front sight verses squares.

Stock:

Modified:

Nice
    I simply removed the rear site, turned it around, and re-installed it with the white strip/stripe on the front
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilos View Post
    Nice
    I simply removed the rear site, turned it around, and re-installed it with the white strip/stripe on the front
    oh now you tell me! Ha ha (good idea)

Quote Originally Posted by Tilos View Post
    Nice
    Oh now you tell me! Ha ha (good idea)

I like it !!

Hey that looks pretty good! I too like the 3 dot sights opposed to the original KAHR sights.

Been there done that what I do is remove the rear sight and on the back side use a dremel with a diamond round bit and nerves of steel and maybe another beer carefully put to dots in the sight then I usually steel wool clean and reblue then put alittle white lacquer on the tip of a x acto knife and put it into the new holes. Here's the link I did awhile back and the photo is my buddys rear sight I did for him. Now a far as the white bar goes I found out on mine it wasn't paint it was white tape just got under it with a razer and it pulled right off. Glad to still seeing guys put on the thinking cap and try to do things. Your doing good keep it up

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16619
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (15.6 KB, 13 views)
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot