Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new

Thread: New Kahr CW9!

Default New Kahr CW9!

Hello All,

I picked up a new CW9 this week and finally got to the range with it. I loved the way this gun feels and shoots. I was able the shoot it really good, and zero in my lasermax.

I fired 150 rounds of range rounds (Federal and American) and 30 Gold Dots. I had several failures, mostly failure to go into battery. This seemed to be happening mostly with my extended 8 round magazine (Kahr Brand). It seemed to always happen when it was cambering the 7th round, which is odd. The frequency of this seemed to become less and less as I went through the ammo, which could mean it's related to the break in cycle. I did not have any failures with the Gold Dots.

After getting home and cleaning it up, I did notice that the mag follower on my standard mag is broken . I guess I will be calling Kahr on Monday to try and get that taken care of. I understand that they created a stronger follower to resist this, hopefully that is available soon.

I want to put a couple more boxes through it to see if I can resolve this FTB issue... I did polish the feed ramp to a mirror polish to maybe/hopefully assist in resolving this.

Thanks!

Good report, hwkeye01. Keep an eye on your followers; you may eventually need a rampectomy.

BTW, welcome aboard.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

Glad you like it. I just put another 100 rounds through mine today. Flawless. There's lots of information on the broken followers on this forum. Your CW9 will likely have to go back to Kahr.

Wish your CW9 was flawless but stick with it and you'll have an outstanding firearm in the end.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for the help all! Unfortunately after further close inspection I have a second broken follower. I'm gona call Kahr Monday to see about having it shipped back for a fix. Maybe they can troubleshoot the ftb issue too. A little bummed out but I like it so much I know it will be worth it when I get the bugs worked out!

FINALLY got around to calling Kahr this afternoon. Had a great conversation with one of the customer reps. I told him that my gun broke 2 mag followers during a 200-250 round shoot. He apologized and said they would send me out two followers immediately. He also said that if it continues to break followers, they would recommend getting it shipped in for service. Pretty much what I expected to hear.

I am fairly certain that after another 100-200 rounds the issue with the FTB will ease up. As I was cleaning it, it seemed that once I reoiled it, and worked the action a couple hundred times, it loosened up quite a bit. Before I was able to pull the slide a quarter inch back and it would stick, now I can't get it to stick.

Still really excited about this gun. Feels great in the hand, and I love the lasermax I got on it. Also love my Foxx Kydex holster. Well worth the 40 bucks. It is well made and fits perfectly.

Thanks all, will keep you updated!

ok, just remember if it breaks um again u call and state ur issues and wha thtye did for u and it is still doing it. and ask them to send a prepair pickup . U should not hav eto pay to ship it back. I seriously doubt if thge new fllowers is gonna make that gun well to, so IMO itis gonna hav eto go back. SETTLE for nuttin less than they picking the gun up..

Keep us posted.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I had 500 rounds through mine with no problem. I just upgraded her sights with night sights which makes her even better.
    The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Default New Kahr CW9!

I picked up a used CW9 a few weeks back and it has quickly turned into one of my favorite pistols. I had a slight click while pulling get tigger. Turned out to be the trigger bar spring making the noise. I bent the spring a little bit and the click went away. So did my trigger after one shot lol. Was an easy fix but I think I'll pick up another spring just to make sure. Grab a Talon grip or a Hogue Handall Jr and your comfort level will go up

Love the point ability and trigger pull of this gun, one of my favorites

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MY KAHR's

K9
    CW9
    CT9
    CW380
    CT45