Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New CW380 Prroblem

Default Re: New CW380 Prroblem

Quote Originally Posted by toakey45069 View Post
    jlr2267 - Please keep me posted in case I need to send mine back. I assume you wasted the 200 break-in rounds?
    It was closer to 300 before I gave up. I'll let you know what happens.

Cool

Good Luck; Hope Kahr fixes y'all up.

After the last trip to the range, I cleaned and oiled the gun. I also smoothed the magazine feed lips per Jocko. I purchased a spare magazine, and two boxes of ammo. Remington UMC 95 grain FMJ RN and Brass Kings manufactured 100 gr, FMJ RN (equivalent, according to seller, to Winchester White Box.).

The gun performed much better at the range today but still not reliable enough for personal protection. The Brass Kings had zero defects for 30 rounds. The Remington ammo had 3 FTFs and one stove pipe for 36 rounds.

I loaded both magazines and fired them in sequence. Failures cannot be attributed to one mag or the other.

I don't have the required 200 breaking rounds through the gun yet (only 166), but things are looking better, especially for the 100 gr. Bullets. I plan on firing another 100 rounds or so, when I can afford, before I cry uncle.

Thanks again for your help.

Tom

That is good news. At least you are seeing improvement. Hopefully, after your 200 rounds it will be a reliable gun.

I am stashing as many brands of 380 as I can in hopes of finding 2 or 3 that function reliably when I get my pistol back from Kahr. I have run 9 types so far (including steel case) thru my LCP w/out a single failure.

Default finicky little

Quote Originally Posted by toakey45069 View Post
    After the last trip to the range, I cleaned and oiled the gun. I also smoothed the magazine feed lips per Jocko. I purchased a spare magazine, and two boxes of ammo. Remington UMC 95 grain FMJ RN and Brass Kings manufactured 100 gr, FMJ RN (equivalent, according to seller, to Winchester White Box.).

The gun performed much better at the range today but still not reliable enough for personal protection. The Brass Kings had zero defects for 30 rounds. The Remington ammo had 3 FTFs and one stove pipe for 36 rounds.

I loaded both magazines and fired them in sequence. Failures cannot be attributed to one mag or the other.

I don't have the required 200 breaking rounds through the gun yet (only 166), but things are looking better, especially for the 100 gr. Bullets. I plan on firing another 100 rounds or so, when I can afford, before I cry uncle.

Thanks again for your help.

Tom
    bastards, arent they?? I do think if it reliable with one brand over anutter that in time this will allcoreect itself to. Find the rounds that work best andthat are reliable and IMO just stick with it. In ur case u need to find a good defense round. I love the corbon powerball round. It feeds in my P380 perfectly, test out at least one box before saying good to go. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY