Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .380 My Lazy Gun

Default .380 My Lazy Gun

I bought this Micro Desert Eagle a little while back and wanted to post an update. This has become my lazy gun = I keep it in the safe, loaded, with loaded spare mags, in a pocket holster, and grab this when I am too lazy to strap on a holster.

IMHO that's what .380's are best for. Small, easy pocket carry, and convenient to grab when you are in a hurry (or lazy like me).

I don't really feel they make good range guns as they tend to be snappy in such a small package. And there are many other calibers I'd rather shoot in any larger gun. And there are more potent self defense calibers. But they really excel for this one purpose.

Everyone should have a .380
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

Agree. Also read once that the micro .380 is the best household defense gun. Reasoning is similar. Shotgun under the bed. Pistol in safe. Revolver on nightstand. AR? in the kitchen? etc. No warning, the front door slams open, the the BG's are in your face in seconds. No reason not to have a tiny .380 in your pocket.

I much prefer having my PM9 in my pocket but there are some pants pockets (like Dickies work pants pockets) and a few of my dress slacks, because of material allowing printing, that make owning a pocket .380 important to me.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not really a micro, but I have two .380's, one being the Colt Pocketlite, which is probably as small as I will go. It is small in size, and lightweight enough for most pants or shorts that I wear.

On the heavier .380 side I have a PPK.

"Every now and then a trigger has to be pulled"

Just put a Sig P238 on law away today!

I just have a hard time putting a single action semi in my pocket, certainly ur ot gona cocked and lock it kand then it now requires u manually cocking the hammer after u draw it. No offence, but its a purdy looking gun but a refined copy of he colt pony.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

For speed of concealing, I've found nothing faster than a simple IWB holster with a single belt clip. I love Remoras but they're pretty fussy to put on.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

I'll tell my wife you said I had to buy one.

I love my pm9 for iwb carry but living in NC I wear some type of gym shorts at least 7-8 months of the year. The pm9 is still a little too big/heavy to carry comfortably in my shorts. I bought an lcp last fall and find it very easy/comfortable to carry in shorts and it fits my lifestyle well.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

I refer to my P380 as my constant companion. The only place that I don't carry it is in the shower and I don't shower all that often.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380