Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: .380 My Lazy Gun

I agree with JohnR on the single clip holster and have mine in AIWB often in the house. I do love my P380, but it doesn't get used as much until it gets warmer. Damn, I wish it would get warmer.

How do you like the MDE, b4uqzme? Any comparison to the P380? I remember one review saying that the barrel was so short that people might shoot off their fingers. I almost pissed myself laughing.
    Kahr P380, Custom CM9 x2, & PM45 or S&W M&P9c x2 (my CC guns)

Got rid of my .380...just not enough confidence, I like my MK9 in my pocket, and if your going to have a house gun, why a pea shooter? I like my Sig .45 for that job. If you have to grab something quick, it might as well be large.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Got rid of my .380...just not enough confidence, I like my MK9 in my pocket, and if your going to have a house gun, why a pea shooter? I like my Sig .45 for that job. If you have to grab something quick, it might as well be large.
    No, no....it's my running out for a quick errand...and I'm too lazy to gear up right...gun. But you bring up a good point. More and more I've been carrying around the house which makes the whole...I need a quick grab gun...idea moot. And yes I carry a larger gun too. If I am already carrying, all I need do is make sure I'm covered properly when I need to dash out.

So I'm curious. Do you carry around the house? If not, do you keep guns staged around the house? Or what's your home defense method?
    ​O|||||||O

Most of the time, I don't carry in the house...............outside on my property, yes. I keep a firearm close by, wherever I am in the house. At night, there is one on the night stand, and one under the livingroom couch, and some in a safe, which for defensive purposes is mute. The one under the couch, is mainly for the wife, when I am not home. My home is small, so wherever I am, I am always very close to a firearm.

thanks...that's what I was wondering. Our house is kinda rambling so I would need to have guns stashed all over the place in order to have one close by. So I've been carrying in the house more and more. With that in mind, I already find that I don't need to grab that MDE380 quite as often. But I do feel that it is adequate protection when I do need it. Sure there are better but it's still better than nothing.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by itsthelaw View Post
    I agree with JohnR on the single clip holster and have mine in AIWB often in the house. I do love my P380, but it doesn't get used as much until it gets warmer. Damn, I wish it would get warmer.

How do you like the MDE, b4uqzme? Any comparison to the P380? I remember one review saying that the barrel was so short that people might shoot off their fingers. I almost pissed myself laughing.
    Thanks for asking.

Yeah, stick your finger in front of the hole and you can blow it off with any gun

I cannot compare to the P380 but I really like this MDE380. The machining is as good or better than any other gun I've handled. The slide fit is amazing IMHO. The design is pretty cool too. The extra heft is good for taming recoil in such a small gun. It's still snappy but could be much worse. And it's still light enough to be comfy in MY pocket. I'm not shy about my preference for metal guns and this is my choice of .380.
    ​O|||||||O

I looked at that MDE for a while and kinda liked it. Recently got a S&W J-frame and it's always in my pocket when not at work now. Had the LCP before the j-frame and still have the CM9. The J-frame is exactly half way in between the weight of the LCP and CM9. works out OK for now.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I actually have a kel tec p3at for the same reason. It is not my go too ccw, that job falls on my cm9 but if I need something light to fit in a pocket it comes out of the safe.
    The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Yep, you guys get it. Everyone needs something quick and easy to grab when you are tempted to go out "naked". Thanks!
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ... easy to grab when you are tempted to go out "naked"
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/