CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: .380 My Lazy Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    I much prefer having my PM9 in my pocket but there are some pants pockets (like Dickies work pants pockets) and a few of my dress slacks, because of material allowing printing, that make owning a pocket .380 important to me.
    I'm not concerned with printing. It like Mae West once said, "Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me."
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

My Sig P238 is my 'stick it in the pocket' gun. CW-45 otherwise. Smith .40 in the truck console. The Kahr is my bedside gun along with a mini-14 behind the door.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    I bought this Micro Desert Eagle a little while back and wanted to post an update. This has become my lazy gun = I keep it in the safe, loaded, with loaded spare mags, in a pocket holster, and grab this when I am too lazy to strap on a holster.

IMHO that's what .380's are best for. Small, easy pocket carry, and convenient to grab when you are in a hurry (or lazy like me).

I don't really feel they make good range guns as they tend to be snappy in such a small package. And there are many other calibers I'd rather shoot in any larger gun. And there are more potent self defense calibers. But they really excel for this one purpose.

Everyone should have a .380

Good way to put it....Lazy gun. Good point. I carry my wife's 380 for the same reasons, but also when I am in very hot temperatures where concealment is simply easier with the small, light weight 380 package. I would add and it is just my opinion that any carry gun needs to be a range gun. I want myself and my wife to be very comfortable and know our abilities with that gun. That requires time on the range. IDPA makes for a good range environment. From time to time I hear folks say, "that's not what I consider a range gun". We all understand what is being said. However, if it is your carry gun, regular range time is essential and it needs to be a range gun too. JMO.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Which is the more dependable gun, the MDE380, or the P/CW380?
    Which one is more accurate?
    Just looking at them, I like the MDE380 as it appears to be all metal, so it probably might weigh a little more, but I can live with a little extra weight.
    Plus you hardly ever hear a complaint about the MDE380, maybe that is because they don't sell many?
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Being dependent only on "stashed" guns is like a woman having a pistol in her purse. My P380 is always on me... IWB, and if something goes down quickly, I at least have my +P loaded P380 to help me fight my way to my larger stashed at-hand pistols... as my G23, PM45, PM9, and G21, and others.

It's also a great carry when I need MAX concealment or have to put it in my pocket for disrobing at the doctor's office.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I usually put my Cbob on the counter next to the little sink along with my belt knife and mag pouch. Usually don't have to worry about the ankle PM45, not much goes wrong down that far.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yep. It doesn't have to be a "range" gun depending on how you define it but definitely TRAIN with your carry gun and platform.

I cannot say enough good things about the MDE380. It is quality. Is it better than a P380? Dunno. But it's every bit as good or better than my steel Kahrs. As for accuracy: that's probably dependent upon the shooter.

I'm not one to stash guns around the house. I'd rather have an easy one to slide in my pocket, or better yet, already have one strapped on.

Thanks.
    ​O|||||||O

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

I agree b4ugzme. I no longer care to stash guns around the house either. Everything I own is locked up in a vault, unless it is on me or being used. I used to keep a 12ga handy near the bed, but rethought this move. I did not like locking it up every time I left the house. I don't want to come home to find a gun stolen or worse yet, in the hands of a BG pointed at me. Guns get stolen. Besides, thanks to Cuomo's new gun laws in NY, if someone breaks into your locked home and steals a gun, the gun owner is responsible if it was not locked up properly. Remember...locked home and someone broke in. Now that is an antigun law if I ever heard one. Just another way to place blame on the gun owner. Cuomo is so anti gun that we must be conscious to preserve our gun rights here. If he can take away your right to own or carry, he will. I generally always have a loaded gun on me or at the ready...generally....that is unless the grandkids are visiting. That said, if I were home all the time, I'd probably have a couple more options available. I do understand the logic that some folks do stash guns. Just not for me.
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

We always carry, even in the house, and if the gun isn't in the holster it's sitting on the coffee table right in front of me/us.

At night I have my Xdm 45 (5.25 barrel) 13 + 1 and a spare mag. I also have 911 punched into my cell phone and it's ready to go.
    Since my hubby doesn't have cell phone duty he has a shot gun and one of a number of
    high capacity handguns.

I'll be sure to call ahead of my arrival AND ring the doorbell. LOL.
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"