Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wait time for repairs

You are right, my temper is too short. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Mine has been there nearly 3.5 months. Kahr blamed my mishap on the ammo. The ammo manufacturer is still investigating.

Lessen learned...own at least two guns.

Normal turn around time is about two to three weeks for most repairs. Your mileage may vary. There's this thing called Murphy's law that sometimes gets in the way.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I know when I sent my p380 back to kahr last Oct. including shipping both ways it was gone between 5-6 weeks. The gunsmith called me when it was repaired and explained to me what he did. All in all I was happy. kahr had it less time than Springfield had my xds.lol

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I know when I sent my p380 back to kahr last Oct. including shipping both ways it was gone between 5-6 weeks. The gunsmith called me when it was repaired and explained to me what he did. All in all I was happy. kahr had it less time than Springfield had my xds.lol
    You got off easy, Cloud. Kahr had my my P380 was gone for two months with an assist from my LGS who let his FFL expire. The Christmas and New Years holidays played a role as well. Doo doo happens. Getting it back was a pleasant experience. I missed the little bastard.
    Last edited by muggsy; 03-05-2014 at 09:40 AM.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    You got off easy, Cloud. Kahr had my my P380 for two months with an assist from my LGS who let his FFL expire. The Christmas and New Years holidays played a role as well. Doo doo happens. Getting it back was a pleasant experience. I missed the little bastard.
    I think it must have been a problem with parts. I know some guys on this forum sent their 9mm's and 45's back to karh after I did. And had them repaired and returned before my gun.But all is good .And I'm happy .Just waiting on my lgs to get my cw380 in.