Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sage Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    Sorry but IMHO driving thru high water is a potential Darwin Award recipient. It is just plain stupid.
    +1 Especially for someone who swims like a stone, Bawanna.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I was on the job for 32 years in Ohio. If you invoke complete silence at the scene you are mostly likely going back to the station in handcuffs until things get straightened out. I would recommend giving the basic facts and then make your phone call to the lawyer.
    Draw me not without provocation, sheath me not without honor.

The event of a defensive shooting was covered in our permit training class here in MN. The steps are:

- Call 911 and tell them that you were attacked.
    - When the police arrive restate that you were attacked and that all of the evidence of the attack is here before them.
    - In MN your gun will be taken into evidence, then you will be arrested and taken to jail. That is the way it is here, everyone goes to jail.
    - Talk to a lawyer before giving a statement. There are ways that you or I may word something that can be misinterpreted by a prosecutor later. The lawyer is there to ensure that you give a factual and unambiguous statement. With a lawyer's help the charges may be dropped in defensive shooting cases. Depending on the prosecutor's office you may instead proceed to trial.

Keep in mind that you will be here to enjoy living after recovering from the worst day of your life. It is the best alternative in a very bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by pbagley View Post
    The event of a defensive shooting was covered in our permit training class here in MN. The steps are:

- Call 911 and tell them that you were attacked.
    - When the police arrive restate that you were attacked and that all of the evidence of the attack is here before them.
    - In MN your gun will be taken into evidence, then you will be arrested and taken to jail. That is the way it is here, everyone goes to jail.
    - Talk to a lawyer before giving a statement. There are ways that you or I may word something that can be misinterpreted by a prosecutor later. The lawyer is there to ensure that you give a factual and unambiguous statement. With a lawyer's help the charges may be dropped in defensive shooting cases. Depending on the prosecutor's office you may instead proceed to trial.

Keep in mind that you will be here to enjoy living after recovering from the worst day of your life. It is the best alternative in a very bad situation.

I have to ask, why would you be charged prior to the investigation? detained yes, charged? not unless your story doesn't add up.

if you cant justify to the cops why you shot somebody then you will be charged and have to beat it in court. a self defense claimed shooting does not mean youre finger printed and charged with murder and have to get a lawyer to beat the rap in court. maybe im misunderstanding you....?
    I hate being bi-polar, its awsome!