CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: ? about plating coming off feed ramp and chamber on PM9.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket barrel. I think the best thing to do despite your negative impression of the Techs response is to politely request a return shipping label.
    Painful as it is to have them gone for a spell they will most likely come back with new barrels and ready to make a positive impression once again.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

There isn't a thing wrong with the barrels that you have. It's no different than the wear marks that appear on the barrel hood. The nickle plating is only from .0005 to .0015 thick. It won't impair function in the least. The wear is strictly a cosmetic issue.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

+1 for Muggsy

The plating is there for its value in "lubricity", preventing galling and wear.

The plating will be "gone" from the barrel after not too many shots.

The plating on the ramp and chamber is because of the process, not because of intent. Its easier/cheaper just to plate the whole barrel.

And the plating does wear. My old PM9j was flaking at the ramp, and never hiccuped.

My bought new PM45 had what I thought were lead streaks in the barrel, but... this turned out to be nickel plating. I scrubbed it like hell, thinking it was lead, but after a couple of boxes of ammo... I was wrong, it was nickel, and it had been blown out of the barrel from shooting.

I hate to say the plating is "cosmetic", but will say that Kahr has not explained things well enough.

Its a non issue, like Muggsy said.

Cosmetic as a scratch on he frame that doesn't impair function would be considered cosmetic. A little Flitz and a Dremel will make that ramp look like new.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380