CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: K9 Advice

Default K9 Advice

i have been looking for a K9. A local pawn/gun shop has what looks to be a very old one that I can get for $550 (box and 2 mags). It has a serial number of AExxxx and looks like it has been shot quite a bit and carried.

what do you members think? Good deal?

I'm probably prejudiced, but no. Check mine out... single owner, low mileage(SWAG: under 1,500 rounds), and only carried a short time maybe twice. $650 delivered to your FFL dealer, including breakdown block, Crimson Trace Laser Grips(and the original rubber ones), Box, 2 mags, manual, set of new Wolff recoil/striker springs, and I have additional mags as options.

See my ad in the Marketplace.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I vote no too. I purchased mine new for $599.00 plus tax. Wyn's actually looks like a great deal.

LGS has a new K9 ,elite with night sights for $789. New means warranty. I would just save up or do lawaway for a hopefully long term purchase.

Default Imo

Quote Originally Posted by spikedog View Post
    i have been looking for a K9. A local pawn/gun shop has what looks to be a very old one that I can get for $550 (box and 2 mags). It has a serial number of AExxxx and looks like it has been shot quite a bit and carried.

what do you members think? Good deal?
    ur judging the shot quite abit based on the looks of trhe gun. That has no bearing reallyt. Looks meaqns alot to some, but u can't tell if a K series has been shot alot, trust me on that. The p;rice is IO to \high if it looks that worn, . but without seeing I am just like most::::: giving an opinion..

a kahr AE number goes back to around 1996, so it could also be a steel gun instead of a stainless. Again, u neer stated that.. If it is stainless somewhere on the frame it will say so. I would pass..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I agree... pass. You want a great deal, a "best buy"? Look here at this one listed in this forum. Add shipping and you are still ahead.
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=21207
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I've had a K9 for almost 20 years. Its the only gun that I would never sell, I'll likely pass it on to my son. That said, I would pass on this one and save up as a suggested for a new one

Since it appears that cost is at least somewhat of a concern for you, you might want to consider an E9 instead of a K9. It is more or less the same gun, but just meant to be a lower end one. Here's a picture of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    ur judging the shot quite abit based on the looks of trhe gun. That has no bearing reallyt. Looks meaqns alot to some, but u can't tell if a K series has been shot alot, trust me on that. The p;rice is IO to \high if it looks that worn, . but without seeing I am just like most::::: giving an opinion..

a kahr AE number goes back to around 1996, so it could also be a steel gun instead of a stainless. Again, u neer stated that.. If it is stainless somewhere on the frame it will say so. I would pass..
    Jocko is right. You can't tell the round count by the looks of a Kahr and I doubt that it really matters anyway. My K40 looked like crap in the store and I used that to leverage a pretty good deal. Took it home, cleaned it, and replaced the recoil spring and it's as good as new...and it's a 1998 model.

I'd recommend you see how low you can get them to sell. Otherwise, Wynn's is a great deal. I think there's another one on this forum for sale as well.

I am curious though. If this one turns out to be one of the carbon steel models instead of stainless....is that good or bad? Is it collectable?
    ​O|||||||O