Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magazine Query

Default Magazine Query

My son purchased a CM9 last week, took it to the range, and within 50 rounds he experienced the dreaded magazine follower fracture. Contacted Kahr Customer Service, explained the problem, and was told a new follower was on its way.

Today I purchased a pre-owned MK9, took it to the range, and within 50 rounds experienced a magazine follower fracture. Since it's pre-owned, Kahr will not comp a new follower. No problem.

Went to the Kahr web site to order a couple of them. $11 for a follower is a little steep, but it is what it is. Shipping for two followers is an additional $7+. There's a different part number for the 6 round magazine follower and 7 round magazine follower. I looked at the followers in the 6 and 7 round magazines I currently have and can't tell the difference. Looking further on the Kahr web site, I see a magazine maintenance kit (follower and spring) is $9.99, $1 less than just the follower. What's up with that?

That's strange huh?

So your pre owned MK9 broke a follower first time out with the supplied mag or a new mag?

I haven't heard a lot about MK9's breaking followers.

If it's the supplied mag and not a nearly new gun I'm way confused, if it's a new mag, has me thinking maybe we got a material issue in the new magazines that seem to be breaking, but I kind of have doubts about that too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bundle discount? I happen to think the gun part prices are ridiculously high from damn near any supplier, but they have you by the short hairs if you want your gun to go bang. I'm surprised that Kahr didn't send you the follower for free. That free follower would have bought a lot of customer loyalty. A lot of businesses have forgotten that they wouldn't exist if not for their customers. It's a sad state of affairs.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

That's the thing with the Kahr site. I couldn't do searches the last few times I was there, but there are better deals by buying the "kits" for the bases and magazines, etc. But when the search feature wasn't working it's hard to find anything.

I reported the trouble a few times and finally just gave up. I had what I wanted already, but was trying to find stuff for others.

The sell those black metal base kits cheaper, too, and they also sell some of those "motto" slide rear plates, too.

I would explore there more, but not being able to do even a one-word search was pretty bad.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Default Magazine Query

Quote Originally Posted by mser View Post
    My son purchased a CM9 last week, took it to the range, and within 50 rounds he experienced the dreaded magazine follower fracture. Contacted Kahr Customer Service, explained the problem, and was told a new follower was on its way.

Today I purchased a pre-owned MK9, took it to the range, and within 50 rounds experienced a magazine follower fracture. Since it's pre-owned, Kahr will not comp a new follower. No problem.

Went to the Kahr web site to order a couple of them. $11 for a follower is a little steep, but it is what it is. Shipping for two followers is an additional $7+. There's a different part number for the 6 round magazine follower and 7 round magazine follower. I looked at the followers in the 6 and 7 round magazines I currently have and can't tell the difference. Looking further on the Kahr web site, I see a magazine maintenance kit (follower and spring) is $9.99, $1 less than just the follower. What's up with that?

I had the same issue with my PM40. Sent an email along with pictures and received two followers in return. By the way how do you like that MK9? Just picked up a K9 and I love it. The MK9 will be my next purchase for sure.

Sent from Southern California using an iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Rm7pr View Post
    I had the same issue with my PM40. Sent an email along with pictures and received two followers in return. By the way how do you like that MK9? Just picked up a K9 and I love it. The MK9 will be my next purchase for sure.

I absolutely love the MK9.

I called Kahr about the broken follower in the MK9 magazine. I also asked about ordering over the phone. I was met with an "I really don't give a rats @$$" type of attitude and told to use the web site to order. I was pretty surprised as my previous experiences with their customer service have been very professional and satisfying.

My son received his replacement magazine follower today.

Default Magazine Query

Try emailing them and include a picture. Leave that preowned part of the story out of it and see what type of response you get. Might be favorable.

Sent from Southern California using an iPad

Default heh

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Bundle discount? I happen to think the gun part prices are ridiculously high from damn near any supplier, but they have you by the short hairs if you want your gun to go bang. I'm surprised that Kahr didn't send you the follower for free. That free follower would have bought a lot of customer loyalty. A lot of businesses have forgotten that they wouldn't exist if not for their customers. It's a sad state of affairs.
    whats a \"short hair".
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default ug

Quote Originally Posted by mser View Post

makes chills run up my back when ur heading is Masgazine Query. Couldn't u have alt lease changed that to Magazine question??? If u have magazine issue no wonder sujmpin is wrong, their queery. get some good magazines. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    whats a \"short hair".
    A "small" rabbit!!!!!!