Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CW9 strong slide

Default CW9 strong slide

I have been to the range for 3 short sessions with my CW9. No malfunctions nor problems with it except...
    The slide spring is so strong I can barely get it back into the stop/lock position,which is the proper way to load it as I understand it.
    Lock the slide back, insert the magazine, unlock the slide--ready to fire.
    All works fine except I am straining (I am 70 ) to get that thing back and locked. Does this improve "weaken a bit" with time?
    Thanks

Default CW9 strong slide

It will loosen up but honestly not compared to some larger guns. You can buy a 18lb spring from Wolff springs could help. I love my car but they just aren't for people with less hand strength. Hope it gets better for you. My best advice would be to slingshot it if you have a hard time manipulating the slide lock(slide release).
    This place isn't safe.

Slide should stay open after last shot. If you wish to reload, do so and drop slide with stop. If you do not wish to reload, store with slide locked back. Slide stop is designed to drop easier with a loaded magazine. Hope this helps. I am 67 yrs old and sympathize. My CM9 is every day carry.

Default CW9 strong slide

I just spent Easter weekend with my hero, my Pop (my wife's dad). Age is catching up to him hard (79)... He couldn't work the slide easily on most of my semi-auto pistols, but the PM9 was the worst one for him. He loved the way it shot though. We had a lot of fun and shot a mag+ each of everything I brought down. Spent today cleaning, and still have a black rifle to do yet. The little Kahrs are no doubt wound tight. I had Pop lock the PM9 back while no mag was in it, so he could do whatever he needed to get it there, then load the mag and use the slide stop to load it. Worked for him from that point on, unless it failed to lock back on an empty mag, which it did once with some lighter hand loads. If you can't work the slide, I would way the risks of using it as a CC... just saying.

Default CW9 strong slide

When my PM9 was new I found it tough to lock back the slide every time. Then I saw somewhere on YouTube a solution. With my strong hand I push up on the slide stop lever and keep it pushed up, then grip the slide in my weak hand while I thrust the gun forward. That works every time for me and I still use this method if my arthritis is playing up. I hope that helps a bit.

Cheers
    PP

I just take my wife to the range with me and let her rack the slide. You should see what that exercise has done to enhance her breasts.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Thanks for the helpful tips guys.
    Pattaya, I will try that for sure.
    Muggsy--where's the pix to prove your point!

They do soften up a bit after a few hundred rounds but there still a handle full for many. Guess you try different ways to rack it. Across your chest push/ push style? Hard for me to pink and pull like a old 1911.

Default CW9 strong slide

At some point I'm going to try the weaker recoil spring. I did that with my Glock 19 and the slide became much easier to rack. If I do, I'll avoid using +P ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    They do soften up a bit after a few hundred rounds but there still a handle full for many. Guess you try different ways to rack it. Across your chest push/ push style? Hard for me to pink and pull like a old 1911.
    Breasts or firearms?