Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Kahrs - What do you all drive?

Some nice rides folks! Thanks for posting them

dademoss,
    I see they have your Brabus coupe rated with a top end of 90mph. Have you ever had it up near that? If so, how did it handle? That wheelbase looks pretty tight for that kind of speed Pretty neat looking car.

Bigcube,
    Wow, you have got to love all that Mopar muscle. The Dart Swinger is quite a machine
    You might enjoy this thread on another forum:
    Mopar gassers? - For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum

BTW, my better half's daliy ride is a Grand Cherokee, been a good vehicle for us:

got2hav1,
    Drool, seems to me that a Corvette is the perfect accessory for a Kahr pistol, especially one that nice.

John,
    Another MoPar; very nice, the Border Patrol runs them out here (and in Cali as well: US Border Patrol #E83704 - Dodge Charger on Flickr - Photo Sharing! )

jlottmc,
    "I just have a little 05 Colorado, no power anything,..."
    Devil Dog, no power anything is a test of manhood
    I have a little 89 Dakota with manual steering that can give quite a workout in tight spaces.

Bawanna45cal,
    "Here's ole blue. I give her to a new derelict in town that was in a car accident and ended up worse off than me...."
    Ole Blue looks to have been setup nicely and well maintained; a capable vehicle.
    Kudos on your generosity sir.

Regards,
    Greg

GB, I sure like your neighborhood. Real pretty country. Seems like where that Jeeps parked would be a great home sight if a guy could find water.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Oh, you weren't shooting for sub-postage stamp size??
    LOL.
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Some nice rides folks! Thanks for posting them

Bigcube,
    Wow, you have got to love all that Mopar muscle. The Dart Swinger is quite a machine
    You might enjoy this thread on another forum:
    Mopar gassers? - For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum

BTW, my better half's daliy ride is a Grand Cherokee, been a good vehicle for us:

Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks for the compliments... had that money pit for over 20 years. Sadly I think it's time to find a new owner, my priorities have changed a bit in the last couple of years. I haven't done much with the Dart since 07. I post on a few mopar boards and a few other racing boards. Haven't made it to forabodiesonly in a long time.

My ride is a 2005 GMC Savana AWD Van. After driving AWD Aerostars since 1990 when they came out, I've always wanted a full-sized van with AWD. I got it with everything they had for accessories that I wanted. I have the left-hand doors that are no longer offered. I was always worried about having too few choices for bailing out of the van in an emergency.
    It has OnStar, too. With only the second rear seat in, there is over 7 feet to the rear doors. It's my/our RV when I put in all of the necessities.
    It has a 5.3L (325 cubic inches) Vortec engine that gets around 12mpg around town and 15-16 on the road at 80 or so MPH. I have the best Radar Detector for when I'm in a hurry -- the Valentine One, which tells you the direction and how many bogeys, not just "Beep".
    It's a great vehicle for travel and has a 31+ gallon tank. I drive it like a sports car around town. I have almost 30,000 miles on it and it will be six in August. I got it in September -- fast order... shocked the salesman.
    I like having "space"... my own... wherever I go. If you're not driving, you can move around and do stuff.
    I hate flying anywhere and would rather drive, but my wife works and we don't have the time to drive to Colorado to see her folks. I would love to carry all of my Kahrs out there and show her relatives how they shoot. That's the only trouble... I can carry anything with all of that space... and I try to.
    Wynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I gave up racing a long time ago. Had a 72 Vega that well lets say was no where near stock. We were the machine shop during the day and at night well that little hotrod was our toy. 350, w/ 4 bolt main, pushing roughly 1200 horses at the wheels. We got rid of it shortly before we moved the shop, and pretty much got out then. I ran a Harley drag bike for a little while, I pretty much got away from that when I built my bike. I had the drive belt from the primary come off and spank my ass, almost broke my hip from that, hurt like a royal Mutha'. Good times...
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    My ride is a 2005 GMC Savana AWD Van. After driving AWD Aerostars since 1990 when they came out, I've always wanted a full-sized van with AWD. I got it with everything they had for accessories that I wanted. I have the left-hand doors that are no longer offered. I was always worried about having too few choices for bailing out of the van in an emergency.
    It has OnStar, too. With only the second rear seat in, there is over 7 feet to the rear doors. It's my/our RV when I put in all of the necessities.
    It has a 5.3L (325 cubic inches) Vortec engine that gets around 12mpg around town and 15-16 on the road at 80 or so MPH. I have the best Radar Detector for when I'm in a hurry -- the Valentine One, which tells you the direction and how many bogeys, not just "Beep".
    It's a great vehicle for travel and has a 31+ gallon tank. I drive it like a sports car around town. I have almost 30,000 miles on it and it will be six in August. I got it in September -- fast order... shocked the salesman.
    I like having "space"... my own... wherever I go. If you're not driving, you can move around and do stuff.
    I hate flying anywhere and would rather drive, but my wife works and we don't have the time to drive to Colorado to see her folks. I would love to carry all of my Kahrs out there and show her relatives how they shoot. That's the only trouble... I can carry anything with all of that space... and I try to.
    Wynn
    That's my next rig your driven Wynn. I'm a devout GM man, just always got along better with them. I was thrilled when they came out with the AWD, us derelicts don't get around too good in the snow and ice. A few more years and the used ones will be in my price range and I'll sign up for one. It's kind of tough getting a new rig, gotta get blessed by the state, they pay for the needed equipment, but I gotta pay for the van. The one I'm in now, the equipment was around 20,000 on top of the van itself. Gotta do the bid thing, go with the lowest bidder, not a lot of them out there to choose from either. Gotta make em last. Ole blue which I donated to the fella without insurance was about 18,000 for the stuff. So it was like a 2,000 dollar van with 18,000 worth of stuff in it. I felt like a free loader for awhile but then was informed that paying into Labor and Industry insurance was not an option, it was mandatory and for carpenters at the time, very expensive 5 or 6 bucks an hour between employer and employee so I paid my dues I guess. The state lost, well actually I guess we both lost.
    If you part with that rig Wynn, let me know, I'll come down and get it. You can keep the radar detector...................
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

my wife's hoopdie

BOB

Those are nice. I have a friend that has one and he has been studyin' the owner's manual for 6 months trying to learn how to run all of the goodies.

Nice ride!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Those are nice. I have a friend that has one and he has been studyin' the owner's manual for 6 months trying to learn how to run all of the goodies.

Nice ride!!
    THANKS yes it is a fabulous vehicle we've had 3 diff caddy's, this is the 1rst time with the suv series.
    she said as she gets older having the extra ground clearance is a piece of mind, but as usual if the snow gets too bad she'll take my p/u with 4x4.
    this is our 2nd AWD Caddy the last was a 07 STS AWD & there great for show & performance, now add rain/snow & 4in of ground clearance makes for a insecure piece of mind.
    as for reading up on all the goodies well let's just say that's her job, this is a Premium series & when they say every option known to man kind there not kidding.
    if i did'nt talk her into getting rid of our 99 STS she probably would still have it, it was FWD & drove great with a amazing ride & comfort but when she hit 120k i thought it was time to move on.
    the Northstar engines were amazing & lasted very trust worthy, but when something did go wrong well you better have a bank roll to fund your issues.
    3 weeks after getting our 07 STS she said i don't like it & i wan't my 99 back i just laughed, we got the 07 in late fall & the 1rst snow we had she came home from work aallllll p!ssed off & said here you drive it.
    so i said well it's AWD it should be good in the snow right??? so i took it to a open Lowe's parking lot to see what she was talking about & let me tell you that thing snapped around on me without even thinking about it.
    BOB