CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: barsony Concealment Should Holster

Default barsony Concealment Should Holster

Wanted to see if there are any users out here that have experience with the Barsony Concealment Shoulder holster for the PM9. My use would be be when I travel in the car on a 400 mile jaunt, IWB is a pain. I have gone to a pocket holster so that When I stop half way to eat, the gun goes in with me. However, I was thinking a should holster may be a better option for the long road trip. If you don't have experience with the Barsony, and other suggestions for shoulder rigs would be appreciated.

Ron

I bought one of their vertical rigs for a GP100. Although it took a little fidgeting to get it adjusted right, it works fine and is very comfortable even with a 40oz gun. I find it more comfortable in the field than a belt holster. Should be OK for driving too come to think of it. Sweeping is an issue with shoulder holsters so practice your trigger finger discipline.

FYI - my experience is contrary to what I've read online. The Barsony rig does not have a stellar reputation. Most prefer a Galco shoulder set-up but that's many times the price.

Good luck.
    ​O|||||||O

Didn't see the PM9 listed in the available shoulder holsters???
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Didn't see the PM9 listed in the available shoulder holsters???
    Barsony Concealment Gun Shoulder Holster w/ Double Mag Pouch KAHR PM 9MM 40 45 on ebay.

GALCO Tan MIAMI CLASSIC Shoulder Holster System MC290 KAHR cw k mk NEW InStock.

Barsony in $44.00 while the Galco is $144. Just wouldn't want to spend another $100.00 on the Galco if the Barsony is comfortable and gets the job done for $100.00 less.

Ron

Barsony received a D- from the Better Business Bureau...

I'm happy with mine and I think that's what counts. However most would advise you NOT to buy an inexpensive shoulder holster as it's more likely that you won't like it. I bought the cheap one anyways. I figured the worst that could happen is I am out $44 bucks. And the best is I could save $100. I guess I got lucky?
    ​O|||||||O

Another option to consider is a rig mounted under the steering column for travel and a pocket holster in a jacket pocket when you stop for lunch. It only takes a few seconds to make the switch. That's how I travel.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Another option to consider is a rig mounted under the steering column for travel and a pocket holster in a jacket pocket when you stop for lunch. It only takes a few seconds to make the switch. That's how I travel.
    Yeah, your way may be the way to travel. BAM Holster Magnet mounted to the car below the steering wheel and I should be good to go.

I have 2 Galco Classic Lite shoulder holsters, one for a G26 & one for my 1911 Commander, they work great...for a light gun like the PM9, this set up would work very well for your long drives & is only half the price of the Miami Classic. These are very lightweight & comfortable for longer stints.

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum2911.php
    Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint