Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW9 is it me or the gun

Quote Originally Posted by redman1183 View Post
    ...I usually shoot an XD .45 and I make a big ragged hole in the x ring at that range...
    If your POI is 4-6" off your POA, then it is your shooting of the CW9 that is causing this discrepancy. You said you usually shoot a XD45 and that gun has a different trigger feel and release than a Kahr CW9. Not saying one trigger is better than the other, they are just different.

Quote Originally Posted by redman1183 View Post
    ...In addition, I have only put 50 rounds through my baby and I know it still has to be broken in...
    I bet after a few more rounds you will learn the CW9 trigger and it too will be making ragged holes in your target. You are just not use to the CW9 trigger yet.

Are u saying the front sight dot should hide the point i am trying to hit? I dont recall hearing that on Kahrs and i also have never shot them that way. I guess i need to go to the range soon.

More than likely, its you.

I have been shooting sa/da pistols since the S&W m39 days, and also many 1911's and Browning HP's. That Kahr trigger takes a bit of relearning..... new muscle memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointblank View Post
    Most self defense shootings happen pretty close and involve point shooting without the sights I believe. So this is mainly a range issue.
    I agree. Defensive shooting is a whole new ballgame. Don't even think "X ring" when practicing defensive shooting.