Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a new AO M1 Carbine

Looks nice, glad to hear it runs well (except for the .006% reloading powder failure and non-ball profile projectiles).

Now you've gotta get on getting a 10/22 outfitted with this stock for some cheap practice:

M1 Carbine Ruger 10/22 Tribute - An M1 Carbine Replica Stock for the Ruger 10/22 with Sling, Oiler, and Military Style Sights

Then you've gotta get to an Appleseed.

The USGI carbines are fun as the dickens. As much as I'd love to have one, I can't justify it unless it's a M2 carbine

Just a word of caution from a reloader - don't get tempted by cheap reloads. They're often cheap for a reason, and if it's a mad scientist loading they're going to be using you and your firearm to push envelopes when there's no need for it. If it's not within spec, don't load it, it's not worth it. If ya want more oomph, move up to a M1 rifle

P.S. Does the Kahr model of the M1 take USGI parts?
    ~Mike F.
    April 19th, 1775 - when marksmanship met history, and the heritage began. Liberty, Heritage, and Marksmanship.

Are you a Rifleman or a cook? Attend an Appleseed event and discover your heritage.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

jeep...didn't I post the link to E.Arthur Brown and the M1 Tribute setup in this thread somewhere....?
    btw, this will be my next purchase with the Techsights 100, I need\want it because I shoot mostly at indoor ranges that do not allow rifles other than .22lr and this setup will be great to keep up practice.

I've known the "Mad Scientist" for years and his work is good and always "to spec", its just that he experiments with odd ball loads for his guns. I will get some loads from him but do plan to stock up on commercial stuff also. Next time I take it out I'm strictly running hq brass Remmy or AE 110g ball and really ring the gun out for accuracy.
    -The Destroyer Approaches
    eyes to the south

Quote Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
    jeep...didn't I post the link to E.Arthur Brown and the M1 Tribute setup in this thread somewhere....?
    btw, this will be my next purchase with the Techsights 100, I need\want it because I shoot mostly at indoor ranges that do not allow rifles other than .22lr and this setup will be great to keep up practice.

I've known the "Mad Scientist" for years and his work is good and always "to spec", its just that he experiments with odd ball loads for his guns. I will get some loads from him but do plan to stock up on commercial stuff also. Next time I take it out I'm strictly running hq brass Remmy or AE 110g ball and really ring the gun out for accuracy.
    Yup you did for sure. My wife is not fond of you right at this moment. She knows when she finds printouts lying all over the house for certain guns and/or parts that they will soon materialize and right now theres a profusion of E. Arthur Brown printouts all over. Even though my 10/22 is pretty tricked out with a heavy barrel and thumbhole stock etc it will be looking like an M1 Carbine one day soon. I want the sights too and the sling and the oiler. I want, I want, I want.
    Best steer clear of my wife for a while till the smoke dies down though, I think your on her list, course I've spent alot of time on the list myself. Not fun but I survive.
    Jeep's advise on others reloads is sound, it's your buddy, if you have faith in him it's your call. I don't shoot anyone elses reloads at all. Funny though I offer my reloads to others with the recommendation not too. You just never know, lots of things can go bad especially if your pushing the envelope which I would not do with your new baby. Stoke it perhaps but don't push it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    My wife is not fond of you right at this moment.
    yes I'm sure....her and a thousand other woman

A man needs his toys and if a man does not get them, then he's not happy and when a man's not happy a toilet seat is gonna get left up.....
    So tell her to chill, before she gets a wet, cold butt in the middle of the night
    eyes to the south

yes I'm sure....her and a thousand other woman

A man needs his toys and if a man does not get them, then he's not happy and when a man's not happy a toilet seat is gonna get left up.....
    So tell her to chill, before she gets a wet, cold butt in the middle of the night
    I'll leave your message written with letters cut out of the newspaper for her to find, I ain't telling her that in person, not a chance. I'm just not ready for the obits just yet.
    Not that I dont totally agree with you in every detail. I shouldn't whine, I have many toys, and many more wanted toys and when I decide it's time they are mine. I've always maintained that if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to get it. Usually. Well maybe sometimes.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hey Bawanna.....you want to know all the excellent things I'm being told about the Tribute stock and especially the Techsights....??
    eyes to the south

Hey Bawanna.....you want to know all the excellent things I'm being told about the Tribute stock and especially the Techsights....??
    You betcha! Do we need to invent a windtalker code or can it publically revealed. I think Jocko was one of them windtalker dudes, might help.
    I got a serious feeling that stock is quickly moving right up to must have now status...................................
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    You betcha! Do we need to invent a windtalker code
    do you Spreek Nederlands?

De Techsights is ontzagwekkend, enige van de nauwkeurigste ijzers die verkrijgbaar zijn voor geweren. ...The hout van het huldeaandeel zijn uitstekende kwaliteit met een prefectaanval, die heel, heel veel voelt zoals een M1 Karabijn. U wilt krijg deze ...badly....now het...
    eyes to the south

do you Spreek Nederlands?

De Techsights is ontzagwekkend, enige van de nauwkeurigste ijzers die verkrijgbaar zijn voor geweren. ...The hout van het huldeaandeel zijn uitstekende kwaliteit met een prefectaanval, die heel, heel veel voelt zoals een M1 Karabijn. U wilt krijg deze ...badly....now het...
    I'm thinking Nederland ain't one of my strong suits but ironically I seem to pick up a couple key words here less the fine print and it sounds like they are awesome. IE, prefectaanval, that's just gotta be a good thing.
    U wilt krijg deze, I'm think means I'll dig this totally.
    Badly.....now het has gotta be quit whining and order the darn things.
    Am I close.
    We had a french girl in high school but all I got out of here was parlevoo ahumma humma. Didn't pursue it when I saw she always carried a white flag with her. Go figure.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

B...I might now get back in your wife's good graces.
    I've had a change of heart on this 10/22 Tribute build...I was looking over some more reviews of it and somehow got to watching vids on other .22lr rifles. I then realized(since I don't own a 10/22) will cost between $450-500 by the time all is said and done, base rifle + trigger work + Tribute stock + Techsight + mag. The design of a basic .22lr like a Marlin 60 / 795, the Remmy 597 or even a 10/22 isn't that different from a M1 Carbine to start with.....I can get a Marlin 795 for $150-200(maybe less if I can find a sale) and slap on a set of Techsights for $60 shoot it right out of the box getting just the same practice benefit and saving hundreds.
    eyes to the south