CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CM9: First 100 rounds

Default New CM9: First 100 rounds

I walked in to the hardware store to buy some shotgun shells and ended up with a new cm9 and 100 rounds of pmc bronze ammo instead .

Headed straight to the range. did a quick clean an lube, them my girlfriend, my girlfiriend's mother, and I proceeded to put 100 flawless rounds through the gun. Not a single hiccup, and no indication that the feed ramp is hitting the followers. Gotta say I am very happy. Three different shooters of various skill/ experience without a single failure.

This is my second kahr. My CW45 is currently at Kahr (front rail/ slide interface problem). I think I like this CM9 better.

I'll put another 100 rounds of fmj through it, then test some sd ammo. I'm a hornady fanboy, but anyone out there have experience (good or bad) with a particular ammo in their CM9?

Great news. I've had good performance from Speer Gold Dot 124 grain HP.

I use Federal HST147 grain standard pressure, but I would have no problem using Critical Defense.
    Draw me not without provocation, sheath me not without honor.

Congratulations!!

I use Federal HST 124 gr. in my pm9……not a single failure.

I don't have a CM9, but I do have an MK9, and I use Fed HST 147gr. jhp, and I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.

My CM9 does well with Critical Defense 115gr, holes are about 2" above point of aim at 25 yards. I have a photos comparing three SD loads I've tried that I can post it tonight.

Kahr makes unreliable handguns that are not reliable that have many problems. That is what the internet commandos say that I suspect have never owned one.

I had the same experience. Mine has been 100 percent reliable and 700 rounds through it. :-)

SD ammo tested that works fine so Winchester ranger 124 federal HST and Hornady critical defense

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." -G.S. Patton

Thanks everyone,

Quote Originally Posted by happypuppy View Post
    Kahr makes unreliable handguns that are not reliable that have many problems. That is what the internet commandos say that I suspect have never owned one.

I had the same experience. Mine has been 100 percent reliable and 700 rounds through it. :-)

SD ammo tested that works fine so Winchester ranger 124 federal HST and Hornady critical defense
    Also, don't forget that Kahrs are made in North Korea by fundamentalist Moonies and a unicorn dies every time someone buys a Kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I don't have a CM9, but I do have an MK9, and I use Fed HST 147gr. jhp, and I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.
    Not to digress, but are holiday inns really that bad nowadays? I use to love staying at the holiday inn when I was a kid! Grandma would always buy me these little plastic smoking monkeys out of the same vending machine that sold disposable swim trunks and other items of mystery and intrigue (to an 8 year old, that is). Good times...

I am sure if one reads most gun maker forum and read about their sub sub 380 and 9mm ur gonna goet more compaoints in that style of gun than the big framed guns. Just common sense. U never hear of issaues with the K series kahrs, or the T or the P series even. but when u drop down into the sub class gun,s then things happens. and more than likely it is shooter related more than gun related, but I know NO ONE want s to hear tha tor be told that either, for aftert all we allhave been shooting guns for 40 years yadda yadda, but think back, how many sub su b guns was made back tyhen that one realy took out and give a work out. Those little beretta minx type guns never got alot of rounds put through them either. realy jus tnot a range gun either. Helli hardly ever read of the big frame Rugers giving shooting ills, but I real alot about the lc9 and lcp giving shooter fits. It is what it is. Some guns due to size are just not for some people. No disgrace in that either. I have live dwithy guns and sold um for over 40 years but let me tell ou whern I got my first P380 and I now I commented about it on this forum to. it was the stoutst fokker I had ever had in my hands. I had a difficult time hand racking that gun, and for sure if I didn't use thge slide release, it would jam. I bothec like most to but once the gun and I got to know each utter better and after a few hundredf rounds, I thought I had a different 380 to. It loosened up ad I learned how to master that stout racking bastard. I knew though it was not the guns fault at the git go but at the time I was not happy either...

It is good to read comment son gun forums, but take them with a grain of salt to. If u want a kahr, then buy it and give it and u a chanc eto mate up and u will never regret it, IMO

I held the kimber sl;o at the NRA convention and I truly liked that gun but I did not like the ammo sensitivity that kimber tells you what tyo shoot in it. It had a single actiopn trigger basicaly but it dod for me have enough slop travel in the trigger before it want band, but it had a safety. The gun felt good to me. But this little gun has had it issues to, and I sometimes wonder if the owner read the manual before taking it out that first time.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Great trip to the hardware store .124 Gr. Gold dot +p in My CM9.