Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the BFR fans?

Default Where are all the BFR fans?

I just registered for this forum and was hoping to read some great reports on the BFR. Where is everyone?

I have yet to buy my BFR but it is on the horizon. I am thinking the 500 with a 7.5 inch barrel. Who has one? How does it shoot? Have you hunted with it? Do you reload? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

BFR?!?

I don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I shot a 500 once. Once was enough.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    BFR?!?

I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    Biggest Finest Revolver.

Serious handgun medicine.

I don't have one either so can't help much. Not even sure what calibers are available. If available I'd go 460 instead. More versatile. You can shoot 45 Colt, 454 Casull or the expensive 460 out of it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm with JABert. What's a revolver?

I love the BFR, I've got the 454 7.5" version. For the price it's got some great features and really it's a good shooter. Recoil isn't that bad since it's so heavy, but really short of a Freedom Arms the BFR is the nicest single action out there and really for the price, probably the best.
    CM40 - CW380
    Repent America!!

While it may not be the biggest, I have a Rossi 44 mag revolver 2" barrel I purchased at Academy about a year ago for around $370. It is a blast to shoot and fun to watch being shot as it makes a fireball the size of a basketball, kicks like a mule and is incredibly loud. That being said I much prefer 44 specials for everyday shooting. One of my favorites guns and it looks awesome, like somebody enlarged a Smith model 60. Saw a Ruger Alaska .454 Casull at a show today for around $850, never shot one, maybe someday. Apparently you can put regular 45 ACP in it with moon clips.

These are my 2 Magnum Research BFR's. The top one is in .45-70, the middle one is in .500 S&W Magnum. The bottom photo is both of them together. Both have 10" barrels. The ammunition pictured with the .45-70 in the bottom photograph are my handloads consisting of a Lyman 552 grain gas check seated over a healthy dose of IMR 3031 Powder. I shoot the same load in my Marlin .45-70 Guide Gun as well. The recoil in the BFR is a bit stout. The .45-70 ammo in the top photo are Remington 405 grain soft point factory loads, which are quite mild in the BFR revolver.

I'd really love one in .30-30 for hunting. Cheap ammo and doesn't kick too bad. Some day.

I actually have the 30-30 model,I love the gun but I am a fan of big bore handguns in general. I use my own handloads in it and it shoots well especially off the rest. Nosler ballistic tips