Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hogue grip for cw45

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    I did not know if the 1.75 would stretch that far.
    It seemed easy after I first tried a 1.5" tube. Didn't work for the CM9 either,it tore after a few weeks.

I talked to the people at Hogue, after I tore my Handall Jr. trying to get it on my CW45. They sent me out a new one, and told me to make sure it was good and warm, and then to spray the insides with Windex, which lubricates it helps it slide on and then evaporates with very little residue left. The Hogue agent said the rubber stretches farther without tearing when it's warmed up a little bit to say 90 to 100 degrees or more. Put it on a window sill with the sun shining on it and it should heat up well enough. I like the Handall Jr. better than the inner tube, because of the extra padding in places, and the little finger groove thing on the front, and the texture of it, altogether they make it feel more comfortable in my hand, than a the inner tube does.

Oh, just saw Blackbird said the about the same thing earlier. A hair dryer works great too. That's what I use when it's cold or cool weather.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Ya, a tube to small is a killer on the fingers too. That's the only reason I mentioned the 2" tubes knowing a kahr 45 is a bit larger. 1.75 on the 9mm and 49 is about all my old finger can deal with pulling that size on to any more.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    Ya, a tube to small is a killer on the fingers too. That's the only reason I mentioned the 2" tubes knowing a kahr 45 is a bit larger. 1.75 on the 9mm and 49 is about all my old finger can deal with pulling that size on to any more.
    100% agree Took 20 minutes to roll the tubes on, and fingers were sore for 3 days. I do however, like my inner tube grip covers just as well as my Talons on my Ruger SR9.

Default Re: hogue grip for cw45

Quote Originally Posted by sharpetop View Post
    A little trick to install a Houge grip is to use a little hair spray. Not only does it lubricate to help slide the grip on, it helps hold the grip in place when it dries.
    This is gold.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Im glad I read this, I was going to try a condom turned inside out. But bicycle tube sounds better.

hahaha condom !! See what early morning post can do to the mind.

Inner tube can be applied in layers to build it up for those guys with basket ball player hands or done in different sizes to add a little palm swell.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird94 View Post
    Hope this is the right spot for this. Has anyone used Hogue handall jr. model 18000 on their cw45? I have large hands and while the std grips feel fine, I would like the finger grip and slightly thicker feel the Hogue would give. Welcome any opinions.
    This is what I use. Covers the full grip and has great feel. It does twist a little after 50-100 rounds at the range, but is easy to just twist back. As you can see by the packaging, it is made for the specific gun.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Dan Wesson 1911 Valkyrie Commander
    Kahr K9 Elite 03, CW45, CW9
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    Sig P225-A1, P320C 9mm, SP2022 9mm
    S&W 1911 SC-e scandiium frame
    S&W 686 Plus 3" .357 Magnum Talo Edition Revolver
    S&W M&P Shield 9 Performance Center, Shield .45, 9mm Compact 2.0
    S&W M&P 40 FS (Detroit PD)
    S&W SW22 Victory
    RIA 1911 22TCM/9mm FS Ultra, 1911 .45 FS Tactical
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm

Thanks guys! You inspired me to make my own Hogue grip out of a $5 bicycle tube. Its just great, takes the cheese graters away and at the same time provides excellent grip while adding almost no extra width. Great for conceal carry so the handle doesnt scratch and rub against your tummy.

See pictures of my project here:

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...)&goto=newpost

Note: The 1.75 was quite difficult to put on a 9 mm CT-9, certainly recommend a larger size for the bigger calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Im glad I read this, I was going to try a condom turned inside out. But bicycle tube sounds better.
    I agree. A used inner tube might be OK,but I personally would not want to try a used condom turned inside out.