Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Gong

Default New Gong

A few days ago I decided to put up a new berm on my range. We have a 50' pistol berm made so that we can recycle the lead and a 40 yard gong.

I put the new berm near the far edge of our pasture, about 120 yards from our patio, the back porch of our home.

After I got my days work done I built up a new gong. I have a number of pieces of 1/2" thick plate. In the past I have welded old door hinges to them but found that the hinges got torn up inside a year. My new design uses a heavy hinge put behind the plate.

I painted the face of it and my wife and I plinked it with a 22. Will be fun trying to hit it with hanguns.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

― Dalai Lama XIV (as told to high school students.)

My gawd, there's finally someone else on this forum almost as gosh durn good looking as me. Someone who understands the pressures of being the gold standard of awesome good looks.
    Dealing with woman struggling to compare their average looking boyfriends and husbands to us with depressing results.

I'm not alone........................

Nice gong too. I long to be able to shoot off my back porch. Still legal but if I did much the neighbors I'm sure would whine after a time and it wouldn't be for long.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

wow u sure know bow to flatter yourself colonel. Just sayin.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I'm must glad modesty has always been one of my attributes. I'd probably be tough to be around if I flaunted myself ya know?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'd asked my wife to get a closeup of the gong construction and instead get a pic of some old redhead installing it.

I've got a pretty good quantity of used galvanized water pipe to use for stands
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

― Dalai Lama XIV (as told to high school students.)

Default New Gong

My plate setup out back. Pretty much use it for pistol only. Need to setup a gong geared for rifle, but thinking of a tree instead.

I hope you guys realize just how lucky you are, to have setups like these. Some of us, unfortunately, have to pay for the privilege, and sometimes, encounter some not so educated(safety) shooters.

Default New Gong

Oh, we pay for the privilege, land costs, no decent internet, etc... but it's worth it. Fixing to head out back now, welcome to join me anytime, cost is your brass... unless you are a reloader

Quote Originally Posted by Jollyrogers View Post
    Oh, we pay for the privilege, land costs, no decent internet, etc... but it's worth it. Fixing to head out back now, welcome to join me anytime, cost is your brass... unless you are a reloader
    They ain't making more land so it ain't getting any cheaper. Glad I bought mine when I did. My wife spent her entire life in cities. She was a little worried when we decided to move out into the boonies. Took her about two months to decide that she never wanted to move back to the city.

Yeah, no decent internet, no cable, no pizza delivery, iffy cell phone service. On the other hand, a shooting range, throwing rocks in the pond with the grandsons, deer in the front yard at night, hiking adventures with the grandsons through the trees, and on and on and on ......

Default New Gong

I'll take that over the city any day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk