Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen

Thread: New guy with a CW40

Default New guy with a CW40

I've lurked here for a while. I've been shooting handguns since 1979, everything from an H&R 9-shot 22, T/C Contender in .44 Mag, Ruger Blackhawk .357, Smith 66, Ruger Standard Model, Browning Hi-Power in .40, Glock 22, Taurus TCP .380 . I finally picked up my CW40 last Friday, and shot it today. I pulled the trigger 100 times, and it went bang 100 times. Not a hiccup. I was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy. I didn't shoot for groups but I could keep a gallon milk jug moving along. I only shot 165 grain bullets this time, I'll try 180s next.

I am impressed with the trigger pull. Very smooth, no stacking, clean break. I have been dry firing it with snap caps since I picked it up, but there's just something about the "bang" that makes a difference. The gun is very controllable too. I didn't anticipate it to be as controllable as it is.

I really like this gun. Looking forward to using it more.

Welcome.

FYI. I'm more accurate with the 165gr thru my K40. YMMV. Do your still have that 40cal Browning? I thought I was the only one.
    ​O|||||||O

Unfortunately no, I don't still have the BHP. The rat ******* that broke into my house and helped himself to it hasn't been apprehended yet after 6 years. It was hands down my favorite handgun.

Welcome..............40..........my favorite caliber.

Welcome!