Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun

Thread: Kahr P9

Default Kahr P9

I have a number of handguns. For CCW I like the size, fit and function of the Kahr P9.

My first Kahr P9 gave me a great deal of trouble. I had zero confidence in it. I did stay with it and after two trips to the factory it has performed flawlessly.

The new (Massachusetts compliant) P9 got my attention - the one with the LCI and external safety. With the DAO and safety you have redundancy in safety when carrying one in the chamber. I like the set up on the external safety - similar to what Walther uses on their PPK/S.

Since purchasing this new Kahr P9 I have put over 300 rounds through it. No break in problems at all. Uber reliable.

About half a dozen of my friends were so impressed with it they sprang for the new Kahr P9. Their results were similar to mine.

Kahr did a nice job on this model. For those of you out there who are considering one I recommend it.

U betfcha, that is IMO one hellof a great gun. and I wold have no issues with that external safet, U can use it or loose it. Nice post.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I too, have the Kahr P9 and like the pistol very much. While I don't have the Massachusetts compliant model, I have the blackened slide and night sights instead. Mine had some fail to feed problems initially but once I smoothed out the interior edges of the magazine lips, the problem disappeared. Add me to the list of those who recommend one.

I have the blackened slide and night sights
    Makes for an almost ideal CCW.

Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Makes for an almost ideal CCW.

Maybe for some, but I wont be trading my PM's in any time soon for P's.