Hi everyone,

I'm planning to shoot an IDPA BUG match this weekend with my PM45. I've had the PM45 about a year as an EDC, but have been shooting it a lot for the last month as practice for the match. Here's a list of the things I've done to it to make it run reliably, all thanks to the folks here:

I had previously trimmed the magazine followers and feed lips as described here http://www.kahrtalk.com/showpost.php...67&postcount=2.

I've put about 1000 rounds through it since finishing the most recent work without any problems. Thanks to everyone on these forums for the high quality information on problems and solutions!!

The only thing that bothers me at this point is that reloading at slide-lock SOMETIMES causes the slide to release and go into battery. I'd prefer that it always do one or the other. I have to do some tests, but I think the 5 round mags do this, while the 6 round mags leave it in slide lock. My guess is that the top round, while riding up the (new!) bevel, is pushing the slide back far enough for the slide lock lever to drop. I think the 5 rounder's higher spring tension doesn't allow the top round to inch forward, but instead pushes the slide back. Maybe some polishing will sort that out.

I'll be shooting 230gr Plated RN over 4.0gr Clays, OAL 1.258. It's stout enough to cycle the PM45 properly but light enough to shoot 200 rounds in a session without turning my hands to jello. My big disadvantage will be the long trigger pull and the large caliber. I've been shooting a lot of revolver this past year, so my trigger stroke has improved, but not enough to match a single action trigger. I expect that I'll be the only one shooting .45 out of ~150 contestants. My advantage is the inherent accuracy of the PM45 - if I do my part, I'll make hits where other similarly sized guns will miss.

I'll post an after-action report next week.