Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Kahr modifications

Default Your Kahr modifications

All these kydex i need to get me one for the summer open carry

Default Combat Kahr

Hi All,
    Long time lurker and first time poster. I came across a very cool Kahr while I was working in Turkey last week. I work for a government contractor and I conduct training on technical systems in the field, mostly in the middle east. I was sent to Turkey to train a fella named "Hassan" on a system and was very intrigued by this guy. He is the real deal and I am glad he is on our side. He's a special forces vet and has worked in intelligence for a long time. After a week together we started talking about our EDC and guess what his gun of choice is? a very modified Kahr PM9.
    I own a CM40 and am looking to do some of the similar mods. I want to be very sensitive to OPSEC, but he was kind enough to let me snap some pics of his Kahr. Here is his gun:

What you cant see...
    • TruDot night sights
    • Cobalt Cerakote
    • Polished throat
    • and a very, very buttery trigger

Also his magazines were cerakoted 1/3 of the way up with a very matte black that made the mags almost look polymer. And unlike my Kahr when you hit the mag release his mags popped out of the gun and dropped free, every time. All in all this is my favorite example of a Kahr done right!
    Other EDC tidbits that might be of interest - He also carried a Emerson CQC knife, and a Citizen Navihawk A-T watch.
    Enjoy!

Are the slide serrations at the muzzle end a modification?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Definitely. They did a fine job on that one. Looks almost like it's been to Robar or one of them places.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I forgot to mention... He said a local machine shop did the serrations when he was state-side and a friendly local cerakoter did the coat. He did all the work on the frame, with the old soldering iron and dremel tool.

anybody know what baseplates are on the mags?

I remember Hassan! He starred with Bugs and Daffy in "Ali Baba Bunny", and his sole command of the English language was the word "Chop!"

Here's a crazy idea,
    Has anyone considered angling out the bottom section of the grip. Like they do on CC 1911 frames?

With CCin my CW45 IWB at 4 O'clock, that part of the handle tends to print a little.
    You could remove a bit of it then use a
    little JB weld to fill that opening and reinforce it, then use a inner tube over it.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post

Got these sights yesterday in the mail and had them installed today Dawsons front FO sight and all black rear carry sight

Also have a Wolff 5# striker spring and rubber Talon grips installed

Those sights are the way to go. Best mod I've seen
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"