Kahr Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back yard visitor tonight

Default Back yard visitor tonight

I was able to get within about 60' by sneaking down the driveway beside the garage where she couldn't see me.

Now if I had the PM9 with me I could have filled the freezer 'cept for the fact it's not the season and I'm too close to my house, neighbors houses etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcube View Post
    I was able to get within about 60' by sneaking down the driveway beside the garage where she couldn't see me.

Now if I had the PM9 with me I could have filled the freezer 'cept for the fact it's not the season and I'm too close to my house, neighbors houses etc.
    From the looks of the picture, she may not see you but she knows your there bambi slayer.

This morning I came around a curve and there was a duck walking down the fog line, I thought weird, then I noticed at least 10 babies walking in a line behind her. Of course oncoming car in the other lane, had my hands full driving for a bit, didn't hit any of them, didn't have time for a picture. Wouldn't have made much of a meal anyhow I suppose.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm not sure she could see me but she looked right at me when I got to the end of the garage. She heard the camera and took off before I could get a second pic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcube View Post

except for the fact 9mm is probably not a legal round to hunt with......... and outside of legality, morally is inhumane. And add to that, she likely would run a LONG way before being dropped by a 9mm, and the likelyhood of you picking up a blood trail is slim to none

Jus' sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Moto_joe View Post
    except for the fact 9mm is probably not a legal round to hunt with......... and outside of legality, morally is inhumane. And add to that, she likely would run a LONG way before being dropped by a 9mm, and the likelyhood of you picking up a blood trail is slim to none

Jus' sayin'

Good valid points. I'd look into a cross bow. No noise to bother the neighbors, bigger blood trail if you shoot bad, the list goes on and on. Perhaps the meat counter at the supermarket is the best choice. Bring the PM9 for 2 legged vermin.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I am all for some tasty venison. Just thought I would throw that out there before you all thought I was a tree huggin' hippy or something

Just do it the right way

Quote Originally Posted by Moto_joe View Post
    I am all for some tasty venison. Just thought I would throw that out there before you all thought I was a tree huggin' hippy or something

Just do it the right way
    All units return to base. Mission cancelled. He's not a tree hugger.

I kind of like looking at em myself. I used to hunt alot usually, didn't kill much, easier to pack that way. Loved to hunt, didn't really care if I killed anything.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I used to hunt too..

but I cant sit still long enough to be any good at it :lol: . So now all I hunt is paper and steel zombies , and mooch off my friends kills :lol: . I trade beer and grillin skills for wild game

Now what he really needs is a suppressor! Just being courteous by not disturbing the neighbors, and of course kinder to any other Bambi in the area by not alarming it with a loud gunshot.

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

Actually, deer and two legged vermin are very close to the same size. So if you are uncomfortable shooting a deer with a 9mm, then you may reconsider your desire to carry one for people. I have hunted and will do so again with a handgun, and while it is a challenge is quite nice. I have also taken shots of opportunity like that when legal, in fact you would be surprised what a snub nosed 357 will do out to about 30 yds. Before you start thinking that I shoot anything that moves, know this I don't shoot a deer that has been running, and if I am not 100% sure of my shot I pass on it. The crossbow is a good idea, but not legal in most places. Then there's the fact that being out of season is a very bad idea.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.