Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relocating...FINALLY!!!

Default Relocating...FINALLY!!!

Well, it has only taken 37 years but my wife and I are finally moving back to my home state of Colorado!

Moved the summer between my 7th and 8th grade years to the Texas panhandle and always promised to myself that I'd move back some day. 26 years in the Navy and about 5 1/2 years after retiring we are heading back.

Went up last week to go house hunting with plans of not leaving until we had a house under contract or some land to build on. We looked at a number of places last year but didn't find anything that would work for us. Believe me, trying to find a home in the mountains that both the house and land will work for what one wants is not an easy matter.

First two places we looked at didn't work for us at all. The third had 90% of what we wanted and made an offer on the spot as the owner just happened to show up as we arrived. 3 bed/2 bath, just under 8 and a 1/2 acres with a huge 3 car detached garage/shop. Deer on the property as we were looking over the place. Mountain views all around. Option to by an additional 5 acres.

We are beside ourselves. Far enough out away from everything yet close enough to any wants or needs. About 45 miles west of Colorado Springs up in the mountains. Elevation is around 8500-9000 feet. National forest access less than a mile from the front door by road or less than 1/2 mile by foot.

Closing is set for the end of next month. Can't wait for the move! And, no, we won't be partaking of the legal weed. Never did get into that stuff.

First time for everything.

Congratulations. This is what it's all about...getting what you wish for.
    ​O|||||||O

Colorado, first state to legalize Marijuana. Ho boy!
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Beautiful state, too bad for the liberals in the Front Range befouling the state. Get rid of them and it would be a better state. Not perfect but better.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Are you going to have internet out there? how are you going to keep up with us and post pictures of your new place if you don't?

Glad to hear you found a nice place. I went looking this weekend myself for future reference.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Congrats, sounds awesome.

CONGRATS to you there AJ, sounds like a little slice of heaven on earth.....So when's the big Kahrtalk party and BBQ gonna be????....

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    First time for everything.

Congratulations. This is what it's all about...getting what you wish for.
    Well, not sure "wish" is the correct term. More like busted my *** in my younger years with the plan of being able to retire up there.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Yeah, not real proud of that aspect but I'm sure John Denver is smiling about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    Beautiful state, too bad for the liberals in the Front Range befouling the state. Get rid of them and it would be a better state. Not perfect but better.
    Agreed, one of the major reasons we didn't settle on the front range.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Are you going to have internet out there? how are you going to keep up with us and post pictures of your new place if you don't?

Glad to hear you found a nice place. I went looking this weekend myself for future reference.
    Internet will be via satellite. Not sure how good it works but will find out.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    CONGRATS to you there AJ, sounds like a little slice of heaven on earth.....So when's the big Kahrtalk party and BBQ gonna be????....
    Closing is set for the end of June so give me a week or two to get settled in. We are already going to be doing a moving away BBQ down here with family and friends so I see no reason not to do the same with the other half of my family up there and new friends!

As a side note I would like to report that I saw more than a few signs in various stores welcoming not only concealed carry but open carry also! We did see a couple of the pot stores and more than a few stoners when we were in CO Springs. Happy to say the county we are moving to voted to have no pot stores.

Congrats to you AJ!
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Congrats on your move. Hope its way out from the cities, getting a bit "foggy" since they legalized pot!!
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan