CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: booze and bullets?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    I would shoot there. I would eat there. I would not drink there...

I do not like green eggs and ham...

Sorry. Wording just struck me as funny.

Quote Originally Posted by chrish View Post
    Regardless of whether or not its a bad idea, which it is. In the face of the modern media and current opinion of nearly half the country on gun ownership, its a stupid move and puts gun owners in a bad light...I refer you back to the link.

One more instance of something being legal, not necessarily good common sense.
    Bad idea, why? Some people like to have a beer with lunch. They already had a restaurant, why not serve a drink like all other restaurants.
    Stupid idea - I believe not. I think they were well prepared for the public response. They could have moved the restaurant to a building next door with its own street address and given it a name like Chili's or Applebee's or any other national chain, but why should they? They have a business to run. They are in full compliance with the law. Another business/owner to be "vilified" out of business just because some folks do not agree with them?

I do not like the idea

If you can not eat without an adult beverage, you don't need to eat at the shoot'n range.

Just my not so humble opinion
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

Quote Originally Posted by leftysixty View Post
    I do not like the idea

If you can not eat without an adult beverage, you don't need to eat at the shoot'n range.

Just my not so humble opinion
    Which I interpret to be: if you are going to have a drink, you do not need to be carrying. (The Range Restaurant has nothing to do with it.)

Which, by the way, I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
    Bad idea, why? Some people like to have a beer with lunch. They already had a restaurant, why not serve a drink like all other restaurants.
    Stupid idea - I believe not. I think they were well prepared for the public response. They could have moved the restaurant to a building next door with its own street address and given it a name like Chili's or Applebee's or any other national chain, but why should they? They have a business to run. They are in full compliance with the law. Another business/owner to be "vilified" out of business just because some folks do not agree with them?

Why? Just because it is. I said why. All because its legal, all because I could go there, shoot, have dinner, have a drink, and go home without issue...or anybody else...doesn't make it a good idea. If it were the old west, people wouldn't think a thing about it. But its not. That's all I'm saying. Do I have a problem with it. No. Will the media. Yes. Will that ultimately impact the image of gun owners in a negative light thanks to the media and public opinion. Yes. As a result, should folks use a little common sense before they make a business decision like this. Personally, I think so. Of course, you are free to disagree.

Why? Just because it is. I said why. All because its legal, all because I could go there, shoot, have dinner, have a drink, and go home without issue...or anybody else...doesn't make it a good idea. If it were the old west, people wouldn't think a thing about it. But its not. That's all I'm saying. Do I have a problem with it. No. Will the media. Yes. Will that ultimately impact the image of gun owners in a negative light thanks to the media and public opinion. Yes. As a result, should folks use a little common sense before they make a business decision like this. Personally, I think so. Of course, you are free to disagree.
    Well stated, and I agree
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

But if you are truly a freedom lover, would you make laws prohibiting this sort of thing if not already on the books? Isn't that nannyism? Let the market decide? If people don't like, they don't have to patronize the place. The business model fails and and it is taken care of without the local/sate gov getting involved.
    The beer and wine lobby should be all over this. Having a glass or two of wine during a 1.5 hour long dinner is slowly becoming a crime.

Thoughts?
    I am the Living Man

knkali, I agree. I was just commenting on the idea in general. If its legal, by all means do it if you want.

It gripes my butt because the rest of us have to absorb the bad mojo from what the media is gonna do with this. All because an Applebees could open next door and the end result be the same, the end result is not the same. This is shooting range serving alcohol. Don't we have enough anti-gun culture and crap to overcome as it is to have to contend with idiots that do stuff like this!

knkali, I agree. I was just commenting on the idea in general. If its legal, by all means do it if you want.

It gripes my butt because the rest of us have to absorb the bad mojo from what the media is gonna do with this. All because an Applebees could open next door and the end result be the same, the end result is not the same. This is shooting range serving alcohol. Don't we have enough anti-gun culture and crap to overcome as it is to have to contend with idiots that do stuff like this!
    But what if this proves out to be OK?...that we can be responsible gun owners and still handle all the other facets of life. Isn't that the image we wish to project? Isn't that good press?

Sadly, the media would never report on that.

Meanwhile the gun range is getting a lot of free advertising and that's probably smart on their part. I just hope they can police themselves because one dumb move by one of their patrons...
    ​O|||||||O

We already (hopefully) make accommodations for designated drivers...
    So now what...designated gun handlers?

Wouldn't that make it rather difficult to have a beer at home where my firearms are while I am grilling some burgers?

Am I supposed to leave my firearms in a govt maintained armory so I can enjoy a drink with dinner after my range trip? Did we not learn the folly of that practice just prior to the Battles of Lexington and Concord?