CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Two CW380s after 450 rounds

Default Two CW380s after 450 rounds

Well, after buying my first CW380 back in March I saw Buds had them for $300 and decided what the heck..really enjoyed shooting it so I thought I'd nab another one. That and my wife started to steal it everyday and keep it in her purse..

Have exactly 225 rounds through each of them (serial of first is RH111* and second is RH627*.

One malfunction out of the 450 rounds. The older one had a FTF about 20 rounds in and that's it. Newest one has yet to hiccup. Have fired Blazer brass, Herter's (S&B from Cabelas), Fiocchi, and a box of Critical defense through each of them.

Only difference I see between the two of them is the earlier one is MUCH easier to line up the marks and simply pop the slide stop out. This newer one required the floor plate of a magazine or other blunt object to press out the slide stop.. But, not a big deal.

If you're considering one, I'd have to say go for it as our two out of the box have been great thus far!

Default Two CW380s after 450 rounds

There have been lots of recent reports of good CW380s right out of the box. Glad yours are working well.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I really do like pocket .380s (mine is a P3AT); to have two reliable Kahr .380s is awesome.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

The CW380 might be the best gun for the money on the market. I don't blame you for buying a second when you got the chance.

I like my CW380 also. Not too snappy and accurate for a little gun

Where can one find another set of recoil springs?

Default only

Quote Originally Posted by gun papa View Post
    Where can one find another set of recoil springs?
    from kahr at this present time... but 3 or more sets and make the postage woth the price.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I also recently bought a CW380. I wish mine did as well out of the box as yours..... I had FTF, FTE, Bullets get stuck in the barrel, Slide didn't always slide all the way forward when it chambered the next round..... Anyway, just today I shot 50 rounds finishing my 200 round break-in period and did not have any malfunctions. I have trouble racking the slide but I think that's because of the tight recoil spring; hopefully that gets easier as it continues to get broken in. I knew before I purchased it that the break-in period was necessary and that there would likely be malfunctions. I am very happy with my CW380, it's the perfect concealed carry gun for me!