Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: New CW9 Initial Break In

Default New CW9 Initial Break In

I picked up my new Kahr CW9 from Carter's Country in Houston on Monday. Over the next few evenings I cycled the action over 200 times, thoroughly cleaned it, and applied a coating of Ballistol oil on the internals.

This morning I finally had a chance to shoot it at the range. After reviewing some of the more negative videos about this model on YouTube, I was a little apprehensive as to how this pistol would perform. I had purchased the following ammo for this break in session:

Prvi Partizan 115 grain, FMJ, 100 rounds
    Fiocchi 124 grain, FMJ, 100 rounds
    Remington Golden Saber, 124 grain, JHP, 25 rounds
    Hornady Critical Defense 115 grain, Flex Tip Expanding, 25 rounds

I alternated the FMJ rounds before shooting the hollow points, and I was very pleased with the performance of this gun. I fired all 250 rounds without any issues at all. No failures to feed, no jams, nothing. The pistol worked flawlessly.

I bought this gun in hopes of carrying it over the summer. My main carry gun has been a CZ75 Compact, which works great when I'm wearing jeans, but it is too heavy for shorts or lighter material pants.

The trigger on the CW9 leaves a lot to be desired when compared with the CZ75, but it is much more comfortable to carry, and with additional time at the range, I can easily become accustomed to it.
    Last edited by Hardshell; 06-07-2014 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Added photo

Welcome . Pocket carry edc cm9 for me. Has not been ammo sensitive. My CW45 a little more ammo picky but 100% with ammo it likes. Great picture.

Excellent. It seems that many folks are having a trouble-free break in period with their new Kahrs. Having a pistol the size and weight of your new CW9 will make a huge difference while carrying vs your CZ. Very nice picture BTW. All tho there is something missing....

The CZ75 compact. I'm a big fan. Congrats on having two fine specimens.

Default CZ75 Compact

Actually, I also took the CZ with me to the range today........

Welcome to the forum...

You got a good one, that's great!
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Hardshell View Post
    Actually, I also took the CZ with me to the range today........
    Now that is an awesome picture! You should be proud Sir.

I have 2 CW9s and a CM9. I followed all this forum's advice on gun/magazine prep and have never had a jam in any.

That really sucks..................when this happens.................you should trade it right away, something must be wrong................250 rounds without trouble, ridiculous.

Default never compare

Quote Originally Posted by Hardshell View Post
    I picked up my new Kahr CW9 from Carter's Country in Houston on Monday. Over the next few evenings I cycled the action over 200 times, thoroughly cleaned it, and applied a coating of Ballistol oil on the internals.

This morning I finally had a chance to shoot it at the range. After reviewing some of the more negative videos about this model on YouTube, I was a little apprehensive as to how this pistol would perform. I had purchased the following ammo for this break in session:

Prvi Partizan 115 grain, FMJ, 100 rounds
    Fiocchi 124 grain, FMJ, 100 rounds
    Remington Golden Saber, 124 grain, JHP, 25 rounds
    Hornady Critical Defense 115 grain, Flex Tip Expanding, 25 rounds

I alternated the FMJ rounds before shooting the hollow points, and I was very pleased with the performance of this gun. I fired all 250 rounds without any issues at all. No failures to feed, no jams, nothing. The pistol worked flawlessly.

I bought this gun in hopes of carrying it over the summer. My main carry gun has been a CZ75 Compact, which works great when I'm wearing jeans, but it is too heavy for shorts or lighter material pants.

The trigger on the CW9 leaves a lot to be desired when compared with the CZ75, but it is much more comfortable to carry, and with additional time at the range, I can easily become accustomed to it.
    anutter gun to anutter gun. just not right for either. Ur kahr has the smoothest trigger system on thge market. Yes it is loooong by design, so get used to that, it is whgat it is. Ur CZ probaby has some type of external safety on it also. the safety of ur kahr is what is between ur ears. U had a great first round shoot to. so enjoy the gun, shoot close, its not a target gun, but it will save ur life as u will carry it more than any utter gun u own IMO. CZ is a gtreat gun just no\t foar to comare it to a kahr, for IMO a kahr out does the CZ in alot of ways , gonna find sumpin on every gun one likes and sumpin on every gun that you don't like. If they allwere the same then we would nly have one gun maker...

welcome abaord.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY