Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wide Spur Hammer & Stag Oh MY!

I won't comment, as I will let u role in ur gasous desire to exemplify trhe beauty of the 1911 over every utter gun made. Its a nice gun FOR A OUTDATED GUN. Cant say to uch for those STAG grips, they say hill billies buy them alot. they are also a hit with the gays in Chicago to---so I am told. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

The Colt .45 Auto is just another tool.

But in a way, its a grand old tool. One that has proven itself, and has made big holes in bad guys since before 1911.... the 1905 was the first, no?

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    I won't comment, as I will let u role in ur gasous desire to exemplify trhe beauty of the 1911 over every utter gun made. Its a nice gun FOR A OUTDATED GUN. Cant say to uch for those STAG grips, they say hill billies buy them alot. they are also a hit with the gays in Chicago to---so I am told. Just sayin
    Wipe the drool off of your chin, Jocko. Pay that old fool no mind Bawanna. I've learned to ignore him.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    The Colt .45 Auto is just another tool.

But in a way, its a grand old tool. One that has proven itself, and has made big holes in bad guys since before 1911.... the 1905 was the first, no?

I have a line on one of those. Been a couple years but think the guy still has it and knows I want it. Probably never happen but I want it.

The Old goat is actually half right. The stag just didn't sing for me. Just not what I'm looking for, so I hung some zebra wood on it. Slimmer and feel better and still semi classy.

And for the record I learned something today from CJB. I never knew you could decock a 1911 using the hammer to depress the grip safety but it works well on this one. I really don't plan to carry hammer down but it's sure a neat thing to know for future reference. It's actually easier to put the hammer down with one hand than using the off hand. Seems more controllable.

Jocko's still an old goat.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nice work there Bawanna, that's a good looking 1911!
    The wide spur hammer really is a nice touch.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Man that is sweet, I do love those stag grips though. Might have to start watching for some myself.
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

That looks great! Enjoy it.

Yes I do love me a 1911. Must be why I have three (and have owned 3 others). Beautiful guns in both form and function.

I just noticed that bench mat. I like it and approve.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    I just noticed that bench mat. I like it and approve.
    Was that you that got those a few years ago? I got two of them from somebody here. Much larger than the usual bench mats you see.
    I love em, I take em off and roll em up when I'm making sawdust but roll em out when I'm working on the guns.

I spent some time on them stag grips last weekend and slimmed them down some. Stuff is near hard to work with as ivory. Just hard.
    Course I couldn't find any belts for my belt sander, know I got some someplace, I'll find them as soon as I buy more.

I don't think a person really want's to get it too hot anyhow, just like ivory I think it would crack down the road. Still gonna slime em down a bit more I think. I do love stag.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."