Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P380 stove pipes

Default P380 stove pipes

Every 2-3 magazines, my P380 has a stovepipe. I bought the gun used, so I don't know how many rounds it has through it. I did not see much wear on the steel parts. Could this be a symptom of a weak recoil spring?

Default P380 stove pipes

Could be a lot of things. If you're pretty sure it's not just the shooter getting tired, I'd have it looked at by a gunsmith or Kahr.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

#1, u wo't see any wear on a kahr, PERIOD. They are not that type of gu. I would at least get anew set of springs and retest and while ur waiting, u should then visit the kahrt tech section and hit on the kahr lube chart. It is simply the best.. Then hit on the kahr PROPPER PREPPING OF UR KAHR thread. and spend some time checkng out things mentioned. this gun is small, alot can be shooter error and alot can just need some TLC. A good polishing of the feed ramp, and chamber and magazine feed lips never hurt a thing. MIght l;ook great now but u can enhance it some more. I would certainly try some new springs bein u dn't know how may rounds have been through the gun. I seriously doubt if alot of rounds have been through the little 280 as it is just not the type of range gun that one shoots alot either. It cold also just need break in rounds.

Don'[t over due ur range time either, as a tire dshooter causes things tohappe that your not aware of, and then the gun gets blamed for it. Give yourself and the gun a good chance to mate up, That is a wining combination. It is pretty easy to shoot big framed guns as the weight is there and size is there to provide reliability even when the shooter is at error but these tine guns needs perfect operation from the shooters side.

Buy 3 setsof springs when u do, to halp offset the postage expense..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    #1, u wo't see any wear on a kahr, PERIOD.
    Not true. My CW380 shows a ton of wear. It showed more wear after the first 100 rounds than my S&W Shield shows having over 3000 rounds.
    My cm9 also shows wear only having about 650 rounds through it.

Chuck,
    Check to see if the extractor moves freely and make sure it is good and clean around the extractor. These little Kahrs need to be real clean and also need lubed good to run effectively.

Stove pipe jambs are more likely to be caused by weak ammo or limp wristing. The slide is not moving to the rear with enough vigor to eject the empty case.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Default stove pipes

My P380 did the same thing on a regular basis (at least once per magazine) and then after 300 rounds it quit doing it and now only will do it after 100 plus rounds and it is dirty. Clean it and it is good for another 100 to 150 rounds. Even oiled and greased I think mine was just too tight from the factory

Richard

Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate your input.

Default where

Quote Originally Posted by smokersteve View Post
    Not true. My CW380 shows a ton of wear. It showed more wear after the first 100 rounds than my S&W Shield shows having over 3000 rounds.
    My cm9 also shows wear only having about 650 rounds through it.

Chuck,
    Check to see if the extractor moves freely and make sure it is good and clean around the extractor. These little Kahrs need to be real clean and also need lubed good to run effectively.
    is this wear at??? Certainly should not be on any of the polymer rails, the barrel has a dull finish on them that will wear off but that isnot considered wear at all. There is metal to metal contact in the barrel and slide during cycling action. Recoil rods show wear but as most all have mentioned it causes zero issues.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default P380 stove pipes

Somebody bought Jocko a new keyboard!

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Somebody bought Jocko a new keyboard!
    Or a pair of glasses.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380