I have been trying to figure out what to do with my MK40 when I am driving. I pocket carry and access to it is a little cumbersome while driving. I have looked at the various methods shown online, like under the steering column and inside the center console, etc. But I did not like the methods I have seen for various reasons.
I almost exclusively drive my Chevy pickup and this fix is for it, not for all makes and models of vehicles.
Long story short, I had a Forbus GL2 holster for my Glock 23 that was in a drawer doing nothing. I cut off the paddle flush and parallel to the bottom of the holster so the paddle would not bottom out in door compartment. The holster then clips to the edge of the compartment and is pretty stable, although I might add a little strip of hook and loop. The MK40 just sits in the holster and is not gripped by the holster so it slip right out when I grab it. It is very stable when in the holster and does not rattle around like it is loose. It sits right below the door handle, is not pinched up against the seat and is very easy to access. Also, it is not visible from outside the vehicle.