Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help this pistol packin' mama out! Will my Kahr accidentally discharge??

Happy to help, mandapru. It's not the spring, it's the close fit parts. This be a good thing. Give it a couple or three hundred rounds and it will will smooth out and slide easier. As Bawanna said first off, Kahrs have a zero chance of AD from being bumped, dropped, or thrown at a significant other.

Again, welcome!
    NRA Benefactor

Thank you all for your input and kind comments. With the possibility of an accidental discharge being eliminated, I am completely comfortable carrying with a round in the chamber.

Yay!

I have a few hundred rounds through my CW9 and manually racked it a lot as well it is definitely much easier now. Spend time practicing and get a holster that cover the trigger and your golden.

Great advice from everyone. Just would like to further discuss safety and holsters. IMHO the pistol and holster could be considered as a single unit. The holster acts as a safety and the firearm cannot discharge while holstered. To complicate matters there is no one single best holster. Wardrobe, activity ,social setting ,just to mention a few would suggest more than one type of holster to be purchased. Yes, another expense, but I think most all us have taken the great holster search and have a drawer full. There are excellent reviews on youtube by women that go over multiple methods of carry for women. Also, much discussion on these pages on preferred methods of concealed carry, mostly by men. Do not hesitate to to ask questions or offer insight into your holster journey. Waistband( inside and out) ankle, thigh, vest, pocket, purse, flash-bang bra, shoulder undershirt vest, pouch, body-band. Single clip, double clip, clipless, tuckable, leather, elastic, kydex, band. 12:00, appendix, 3:00, 4:00 ,crossdraw. Welcome, a lot of help and fun on the Kahr forum.

My wife has a difficult time with the slide on her CW9. Had to show her how to push with one arm and pull with the other with her hand over the top being careful to keep body parts out of the ejection port.

Quote Originally Posted by mandapru View Post
    I need more training and trigger time? Do you mean before I carry?? I prefer to not be treated like I am incompetent just because I am new. I don't think anyone ever reaches a point of not needing more practice.

I think the reason I have been directed to the slingshot method is to ensure my hand does not cover the ejection port. At the time I didn't know why I was told not to rack the slide that way.

Thank you, BEARDOG for that link!
    Maam, I don't need any sensitivity training, but you do need more experience and "proper" training. No one is competent with a gun when they are first starting out and some never become competent, because of their attitude. I offered good sound advice. You can take it or leave it. No skin off my nose.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

First welcome to the forum. Second perhaps leaving the slide locked open with the mag removed for safety overnight for a few nights the slide may be easier to manipulate.
    My wife is a very good shot with revolvers and has no issues with them at all but she doesn't like semi auto's because of the manual of arms required to operate them.
    Good luck with your Kahr
    " In God We Trust" I love my Country its the Government that I fear.
    Gun control isn't about guns, Its about Control.:32:

Mandapru, I recently posted my concerns about the CW380 as a viable option for my petite wife. After putting her hands on one, she decided she felt much more confident with a TCP. Confidence in your ability to run the gun is a HUGE part of self defense. In a critical situation something that was a little difficult before, will suddenly seem much harder. Here's the link to our discussions a few months back.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...t=wheaties+gun

Sometimes a little adrenaline also makes things that were hard before very easy.

Keeping in mind it's a self defense gun and not a cop gun I think it can be viable with regular practice.

I still maintain that most who look the elephant in the eye and have a malfunction will throw the gun and run, and maybe that's not a bad thing.

Do cut our new lady member some slack. She deserves it and we can use more around here.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."