Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help this pistol packin' mama out! Will my Kahr accidentally discharge??

I have appreciated your input muggsy, but it is a little offensive to continue telling me that I need more training and practice, especially because I am doing as much as I can. I go to the range as often as I can or can find ammo, and I have spent money on safety and training classes. Even with the practice and training I have had I still consider myself "new" since I have only owned a firearm for a few months. I demonstrated sufficient competency to obtain a concealed handgun license so I think that's got to say something....?

Southerngunner, I have been storing my pistol with the slide locked open. I think it made a little bit of difference at first but not much.

Thank you for the link TenorTim, I'll check it out.

Hi Mandapru and welcome to the club....Glad to hear things are going well with the new pistol...If you are still having problems racking the slide look into this product....gets good reviews from people with hand strength issues...

www.handi-racker.com

Good luck and again welcome to Kahr pisols and Kahrtalk

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Maam, I don't need any sensitivity training,
    Yes you do. Lots I might add.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Hi Mandapru and welcome to the club....Glad to hear things are going well with the new pistol...If you are still having problems racking the slide look into this product....gets good reviews from people with hand strength issues...

www.handi-racker.com

Good luck and again welcome to Kahr pisols and Kahrtalk
    wow now I have seen everything. How about a revolver instead?
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by mandapru View Post
    I have appreciated your input muggsy, but it is a little offensive to continue telling me that I need more training and practice, especially because I am doing as much as I can. I go to the range as often as I can or can find ammo, and I have spent money on safety and training classes. Even with the practice and training I have had I still consider myself "new" since I have only owned a firearm for a few months. I demonstrated sufficient competency to obtain a concealed handgun license so I think that's got to say something....?

Southerngunner, I have been storing my pistol with the slide locked open. I think it made a little bit of difference at first but not much.

Thank you for the link TenorTim, I'll check it out.
    Let me put it to you this way, mandapru and maybe you'll understand. There isn't anyone on this forum who couldn't used more training and trigger time, myself included. Being new you need more than some of the others. I wasn't trying to be insulting or condescending. I was offering you my best advice. The others on this board who jumped down my throat should have known that. You I can forgive. I'm not a know-it-all, but I do know a lot. And a hell of a lot more than most. And that's just the way it is.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Let me put it to you this way, mandapru and maybe you'll understand. There isn't anyone on this forum who couldn't used more training and trigger time, myself included. Being new you need more than some of the others. I wasn't trying to be insulting or condescending. I was offering you my best advice. The others on this board who jumped down my throat should have known that. You I can forgive. I'm not a know-it-all, but I do know a lot. And a hell of a lot more than most. And that's just the way it is.
    I love you Muggs.
    I am the Living Man

Mandapru, keep up the good [hard] work. Bawanna covered the basics and you already have the basics, a good quality gun, a holster that covers the trigger and the mindset to practice and learn. Welcome to the place.
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    I love you Muggs.
    I've learned to tolerate you knkali.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380