Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace

Thread: CW380 Initial Range Report

Default CW380 Initial Range Report

Put the initial 200 rounds through my new CW380 this afternoon. This was after I went through the pre-firing preparation contained on this forum. I had also ordered a 7 round mag that arrived today, which I picked up on the way to the range so I wasn't able to clean before using (it was saturated with oil).

Overall, I am 110 percent impressed with this firearm. The trigger is great, and the rounds go exactly where you point the sights. I fired a mix of brands of ball ammo-100 rounds of Winchester, 50 each of American Eagle and Remington. I had only three minor hiccups and they were early on. The slide failed to lock to the rear twice, and the second round failed to chamber once. That said, the round chamber failure was when I loaded a mag, chambered the first round, then removed and "topped off" the mag with an additional round. Interestingly, all of these problems were with the standard 6-round magazine that came with the weapon. The 7-round magazine worked perfectly and makes this pistol feel completely different and much easier to both handle and control. I will be getting a second 7 round mag in the future.

Overall, I am very happy with the CW380. I also believe that closely following the pre-firing break in steps saved me a lot of headaches when it was all said and done.

Great fun day on the range!
    Tom

Same results I had, except no FTF or FTE, just slide would not lock back all of the time.

So things smoothed towards the end of 100 round break-in, that's great. Sounds like you got a good one. Can you find another 100 rounds of ball to put through the gun before shooting SD ammo?
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've got 2 other .380 pistols so I keep several thousand rounds of .380 ammo stashed away.
    I put 200 rounds through the pistol yesterday.
    You're saying that I should put another 100 through before considered it broken in enough for SD ammo?

Default not

Quote Originally Posted by Marine One View Post
    I've got 2 other .380 pistols so I keep several thousand rounds of .380 ammo stashed away.
    I put 200 rounds through the pistol yesterday.
    You're saying that I should put another 100 through before considered it broken in enough for SD ammo?
    in my opinion, ur gun is ready to go..200 rounds out of that little bastard in one event is alot. darn nice report. The best 380 on the market IMO -when it works as designed..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    in my opinion, ur gun is ready to go..200 rounds out of that little bastard in one event is alot. darn nice report. The best 380 on the market IMO -when it works as designed..
    Thanks. Again, just my opinion but I think my day went as smoothly as it did because I read and followed the pre-firing directions provided by this forum.

Welcome, Marine One. Glad your CW380 is running fine. It will only get smoother as you shoot it. IMHO, you are correct that your preparations contributed significantly to a good first range trip. PPPPP. BTW, there is a military sub-forum here, but postings are slow.

Quote Originally Posted by bob98366 View Post
    Welcome, Marine One. Glad your CW380 is running fine. It will only get smoother as you shoot it. IMHO, you are correct that your preparations contributed significantly to a good first range trip. PPPPP. BTW, there is a military sub-forum here, but postings are slow.
    Thanks very much. My very first post on kahrtalk was on the military sub-forum.