Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk 40 at local G.S.

Default Mk 40 at local G.S.

One of our local gun shops has a MK40 with 2 mags for around $450. I may be able to get it for less as I know the owner well and have done a lot of bussiness with him. The gun looks pretty good and the mag with the gun is an extended version I don't know if both mags are the same. It fit fine in my oversized mitts with the longer mag. But they also had a cm9 which was way too small. My biggest delima is I gave up on the 40 S&W caliber a few years ago and got rid of all my dies and stuff for that caliber.
    Any input on price and durability with the 40 cal would be appreciated.
    " In God We Trust" I love my Country its the Government that I fear.
    Gun control isn't about guns, Its about Control.:32:

That would be a good price in my neck of the woods. Best I've seen around here was about $525 but with night sights.

As for durability? Well, it's a stainless Kahr. Nuff said.

40SW ammo around here is pretty reasonable too.

Good luck!
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    That would be a good price in my neck of the woods. Best I've seen around here was about $525 but with night sights.

As for durability? Well, it's a stainless Kahr. Nuff said.

40SW ammo around here is pretty reasonable too.

Good luck!
    Thanks, It doesn't have night sights which isn't that big of dealbreaker. Honestly my main issue is the caliber as I'm not sure if I want to tool up for the 40 S&W again and the other issue is the polygonal barrel as I would be shooting mostly lead bullets except when carried for defense. I gotta stay out of those dang gun stores

My mk40 is a finely made gun with a slide to frame fit like a custom gun. It has a better trigger that my mk9 with lighter pull & shorter reset. I'm like you about 40cal though & I probably haven't shot it in over a year. The price of the one you found is super low IMO.

I shoot cast in my PM40. Excellent accuracy.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

― Dalai Lama XIV (as told to high school students.)

Sounds like an ok price.................40 cal.......my favorite.

Thanks for everyones replies, I'm still on the fence with this one just because of the caliber. I have been shooting 1911 45's since the early 70's and I am also tooled up for 9mm. I had a sig 40S&W for a few years and it was a great gun but when I went shooting it was usually left in the safe and I would go back to old faithfull or a Smith wheelgun. Perhaps now since I have found the new appreciation for Kahr this would get used for more than just a carry weapon.
    Thanks 100percent for the lead bullet responce because if I only can shoot jacketed or plated slugs because of the barrel I don't need that gun. I cast my own slugs so lead being compatible with that particular gun is a must. Of course I do check any weapon that I carry for function with the factory ammo that will be in the mag.

I shoot .40 out of my large frame firearms..............I think the MK in .40 would be a bit stout for me

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I shoot .40 out of my large frame firearms..............I think the MK in .40 would be a bit stout for me
    I know the 40 is a lot snappier reciol than a 9mm especially if you are useing the higher velocity loads. I regularly shoot light weight 45 acps and I have a S&W m696 which is a 44 special with a 3" barell and I shoot a 250 grain lead slug at 800 plus FPS . I am not very recoil sensitive, but for the reloads in a 40 I would probably back them down some.

I'm not recoil sensitive either, but that's a lot of firepower from a small firearm. Although, I guess if you're used to shooting .44 from a 3", you should be able I find that 9mm in my MK is plenty.......I still want to be somewhat accurate.