Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW380 please help

Post CW380 please help

Alright so I picked up a cw380 at a good price new for $319+tax (my first kahr). I didn't want to go down to a 380 but I live in florida and summer time is just too hot to conceal anything other than a pocket 380 and I felt like Kahr has the best made "heavy duty" 380. Anyways I Cleaned it up, using rem oil I LIGHTLY lubed up the inside of the slide, the rails, and the outside of the barrel. First range trip 50 rounds of blazer brass 90g fmj. 10 critical defense hp's and 10 buffalo bore +P hp's..The slide locked back after the last round every time like it should so that was good. The critical defense ran flawless as Ive heard it always does in the kahr 380s. I had the same "malfunction" one time with the blazer brass and one time with the buffalo bore where the slide would lock back with rounds still in the mag (it wasn't jammed, all I had to do was release the slide and it was good to go again..Not bad for the first range trip I understand the kahr has a break in period because they come TIGHT out the box.. The 2nd range trip was all bad ( I did of course clean it up and re-lube it first. This is where im looking for suggestions. I didn't bother with any more critical defense because im confident it will work no problem. So Using the same blazer fmj, buffalo bore, and some federal Hydrashock, I had a new malfunction, the same malfunction with all 3 brands. After every single shot the trigger would not reset. The slide did return all the way to battery so that was not the issue (yes I tried to just push on the back of the slide and that didn't help. I would have to just cock it back a hair, release it, and then the trigger would reset and I could fire another round. This happened EVERY TIME. so frustrating that I only ended up shooting 15 rounds. Clearly something is wrong because this didn't happen the first range trip. I really don't want to send it in to kahr and I don't want this to be my last kahr but man it seems like these things are HIGH maintenance. For what its worth, I've never had one problem with my other guns. Glock 19, Springfield XDS, M&P Shield, and my girl ha a Ruger LCP which has also been FLAWLESS. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi, Clinton'. I'm sorry that you're having problems.

Trigger problems are best left to Kahr Customer Service.

In my experience, email works better with them, but call to make sure they pay for the shipping. Include your serial number and tell them the problems are you listed them here. They should give you an RMA send you a FedEx shipping label.

Wynn

Technical Support & Service / Repair
    Attn: Service Dept.

Mailing / Shipping Address:
    130 Goddard Memorial Dr.
    Worcester, MA 01603

TEL: 508-795-3919
    FAX: 508-795-7046
    E-mail: service@kahr.com

http://www.kahr.com/faq.asp#q1

Q. What is the procedure for returning my firearm for service or repair?

A.
    KAHR ARMS DOES NOT ALLOW INDIVIDUALS OR DEALERS TO BRING FIREARMS TO OUR FACTORY FOR REPAIR. GUNS FOR REPAIR MUST BE SENT TO THE FACTORY ACCORDING TO THE INFORMATION OUTLINED BELOW.

Kahr pistols returned to the factory for service or repair should be sent to:

K.A.I.
    130 Goddard Memorial Drive
    Worcester, MA 01603
    Attn: Service Dept.

Confirm the firearm is unloaded before shipping.
    Contact Kahr Arms Technical Support Department to receive a Return Authorization number before shipping a firearm to the factory. You can do this by online (RA request form) or by calling 508-795-3919. Ship handguns prepaid via UPS or Fed Ex overnight. Federal law prohibits anyone without a Federal Firearms License from shipping a handgun by mail. Please check for any additional state or local regulations. With your return, enclose a letter that references your Return Authorization number and includes: name; address; phone number; and firearm model and serial number. The letter should describe, in detail, the problem being experienced or work to be done.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Thank you for the information Wynn. I just cant understand how If I manually cock the gun back when its empty (or even when it is fully loaded ) the trigger will reset no problem. But when I actually fire a round, no reset.? This is happening after only 50 rounds fired..I was hoping maybe someone experienced the same thing and could explain what would cause this but if not, I guess I'll be sending it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton90 View Post
    Thank you for the information Wynn. I just cant understand how If I manually cock the gun back when its empty (or even when it is fully loaded ) the trigger will reset no problem. But when I actually fire a round, no reset.? This is happening after only 50 rounds fired..I was hoping maybe someone experienced the same thing and could explain what would cause this but if not, I guess I'll be sending it in.
    Sorry about your troubles...and you are wise to post here because if someone has seen your issue before I am sure they will be glad to help out. Meanwhile start taking steps to send it back to Kahr because they certainly need to get you back up and running.

Good luck.
    ​O|||||||O

If I understand your post correctly if the gun is out of battery even a little the trigger won't reset . I tested my mk9 & maybe a little over 1/4 of an inch will prevent reset .

I had a few of no-resets on my CM9 and found out I was not releasing the trigger enough for it to travel forward enough to reset. My fix, was to concentrate on releasing the trigger after each shot. I haven't had any problem since. Sometimes it's the simple things that cause problems.

the slide was definitely returned to battery 100% I even pushed on the back of the slide to make sure. Still no reset. I would have to manually cock it back just a little, release it, and then the trigger would reset. I had to do that after every. single. shot.

what wyn says is the way to jgo. send the fikker back on kahrs dime.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    what wyn says is the way to jgo. send the fikker back on kahrs dime.
    C'mon Jocko, make up your mind. Is the .380 a fikker or a fokker? Maybe it's a fikker because, it's such a little fokker. Now I'm getting confused.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Thought it was only right that I come back and give the good news that I got the cw 380 back from kahr service, took it out and put 50 rounds throught it. The trigger reset problem is fixed and I didn't have any problem except for with the buffalo bore +P JHP the slide would not lock back on the last shot. Everything else ran flawless including HPR hyperclean 100 grain FMJ, Federal Hydrashok, and critical defense. That buffalo bore has some serious kick out of this little 380 so I probably wouldn't carry with it anyways but especially due to the fact that the slide wouldn't lock on the last round.

SIDE NOTE: when I got the gun back from kahr it seriously looked like they put 100 rounds through it which is fine Im sure they just wanted to make sure it was good to go but man this thing was filthy I was kind of surprised they would send it back to me in that condition. They paid for shipping and had it back to me in 9 days so that was good.