Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW380 please help

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton90 View Post
    Thought it was only right that I come back and give the good news that I got the cw 380 back from kahr service, took it out and put 50 rounds throught it. The trigger reset problem is fixed and I didn't have any problem except for with the buffalo bore +P JHP the slide would not lock back on the last shot. Everything else ran flawless including HPR hyperclean 100 grain FMJ, Federal Hydrashok, and critical defense. That buffalo bore has some serious kick out of this little 380 so I probably wouldn't carry with it anyways but especially due to the fact that the slide wouldn't lock on the last round.

SIDE NOTE: when I got the gun back from kahr it seriously looked like they put 100 rounds through it which is fine Im sure they just wanted to make sure it was good to go but man this thing was filthy I was kind of surprised they would send it back to me in that condition. They paid for shipping and had it back to me in 9 days so that was good.
    Did they include a work report to tell you what they did to correct it, or what the problem was?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shlike View Post
    Did they include a work report to tell you what they did to correct it, or what the problem was?

Cocking cam and pin replaced

Congratulations on getting your pistol back. Maybe you need to check your magazine spring for correct orientation... free end to the front to give extra help to the front of the follower. Maybe a tiny bit of extra stretching the spring would help.

I usually take my mags apart and clean the "grease" from inside the tube. I use a real fine sandpaper to check for burrs on all of the edges and the sides of the follower, then I lightly oil the spring with just oil on my fingers before re-assembling the mag.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Congratulations on getting your pistol back. Maybe you need to check your magazine spring for correct orientation... free end to the front to give extra help to the front of the follower. Maybe a tiny bit of extra stretching the spring would help.

I usually take my mags apart and clean the "grease" from inside the tube. I use a real fine sandpaper to check for burrs on all of the edges and the sides of the follower, then I lightly oil the spring with just oil on my fingers before re-assembling the mag.

Wynn
    Might give that a try but it only happens with the buffalo bore +P. Every other brand of ammo Ive tried locked back on the last round no problem.

The BB is definitely different. I've fired over 200 rounds of that since I got my P380 in 2010. I prefer +P Gold Dots by Underwood now because BB had trouble getting more of those 90-gr GD's... I guess.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Don't give up on the Buffalo Bore - I have very good results with BB Barnes 80 grain. Never malfunctions and shoots right to point of laser (I have a laser on it) at 7 yards. BB is great ammo if you can stand the kick. I've chronoed some of it and it is much more consistent that most other brands.

My CW380 does not like BB ammo either. It eats HPR the best. Never a problem with it. If I run BB, 1 out of 20 will fail to lock back. Strange, no other ammo I use does that. Hickok45 had problems with BB in the 380 he shot a video on too.